Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2017, 06:36 PM

3,254 posts, read 1,408,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I don't know what Shipiro's is, but I'll try anything once.
There is a Shipiro's Deli in Indianapolis that is well known. I have eaten there once and I thought it was pretty good. Perhaps they are opening a place in Cincinnati?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 10:22 AM

266 posts, read 271,424 times
The Brown Derby in Fairfield near Van Lunens was a pretty good place to eat. Closed in the 80's or early 90's

Old 02-16-2017, 05:52 AM

3,254 posts, read 1,408,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 426HemiCA View Post
The Brown Derby in Fairfield near Van Lunens was a pretty good place to eat. Closed in the 80's or early 90's
Never ate there, but it passed by many times--definitely was a fixture in the Fairfield dining scene.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:37 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,460,769 times
The Brown Derby was owned by the other side of the Comisar family.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 PM

17,530 posts, read 13,320,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
There is a Shipiro's Deli in Indianapolis that is well known. I have eaten there once and I thought it was pretty good. Perhaps they are opening a place in Cincinnati?
Opening in Blue Ash soon Shapiro's to open in Blue Ash

Old 03-03-2017, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,371 times
I have the Little Mexico chili recipe, if you want it, contact me.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
What happened to the F&N? That was good cow.

Anyone recall the Red River Cattle Company out on 125 east of Amelia? Not as good as F&N but not bad.

Some others that come to mind...
Yellow Submarine on McMillan near UC
Taco Casa's original location in Hyde Park
Little Mexico, with foot-long coneys, down around 11th and Vine
Red River Cattle Company on Highway 125 was a great place to get a great steak. So were the others that followed for a while. I believe there is a church there now where Red River used to be. I liked the one that was on Montgomery Road in '84. I moved away from the area later. I was told the Red River eventually closed places after Dr. Porter was killed in a plane crash.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,097 times
Anyone remember a fastfood joint on Kemper Road, think called Mac's (maybe) was on top of the hill before going toward Tri-co mall

Old 10-28-2017, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 5,817 times
I definitely remember the Lum's at Glenway and Lawrence! I'd love to get a pic of it. Used to go there on Friday or Saturday nights. Their Ollie burgers and beer steamed dogs were the best. I managed to get one of their hanging lamps and just recently installed it on my enclosed porch. Looks good with the Lum's mugs underneath it

In regards to Pasquale's, I recall there was also one located next to and Empress Chile on Glenway Ave, just passed the old trestle over Bridgetown and Race Rd.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:33 AM

2 posts, read 5,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityMotorsports View Post
A couple of West side places

remember Lum's on Glenway near Lawrence?

Marion's Creamy Whip on Harrison near Temple, it had a carry out store next to it. Had the big red windmill?

How about Pete Rose's place on Westbourne, can't think of the name of it

There was a Pasqualie's on Harrison ave next to the Hoffbrau House bar, between Montana and Kling?

I think Ron's Roost was a Hitching Post restaurant at one time, the only one I know of left is down on Kellogg Ave.

Lets not forget the Green Gables restaurant, now Stacy's bar on Harrison @ School Section. The motel was torn down years ago.

I definitely remember the Lum's at Glenway and Lawrence! I'd love to get a pic of it. Used to go there on Friday or Saturday nights. Their Ollie burgers and beer steamed dogs were the best. I managed to get one of their hanging lamps and just recently installed it on my enclosed porch. Looks good with the Lum's mugs underneath it

In regards to Pasquale's, I recall there was also one located next to and Empress Chile on Glenway Ave, just passed the old trestle over Bridgetown and Race Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati