Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 05:36 PM

7 posts, read 10,452 times

Advertisements

They've been there for weeks. One blocking my neighbor from parking in front of their house and one in front of the empty lot right beside my house.

My street is barely wide enough for a single vehicle to go down, kids play in the street here a lot, and it's just straight up rude to park in front of someone else's house when you know they have no driveway to park in :/

Anyway, so I guess what I'm asking ( I already googled it and couldn't get a straight answer so hopefully someone actually knows) is being as they are "inoperable" and have no plates will they get towed if reported to the city ?

I have the suspicion that they both belong to the worst and only problem neighbor on my block, and as far as that goes we've gotten no help from the CPD. (Constant dog barking, heavy drug sale traffic - people In an out of the house at all hours of the night...And that's just two of the issues)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 06:48 PM

410 posts, read 582,509 times
I'm guessing since you referenced CPD you are in the City of Cincinnati. My neighbor's and I have had good luck getting rid of abandoned cars by calling 513/591-6000.

Lots of phone numbers and email information:

FAQs - City of Cincinnati

Old 07-12-2016, 07:16 PM

95 posts, read 101,353 times
FAQs - City of Cincinnati

we did this and within a week (maybe less) the offending vehicle was being serviced by the owners, got running and moved.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:18 PM

95 posts, read 101,353 times
didn't see that at the bottom of the page mimi. i didn't call anyone just followed the links and entered the necessary information

Old 07-12-2016, 07:29 PM

Yes, in Clifton

Thanks to you both !

Old 07-13-2016, 07:02 AM

The big thing that helped our street was that a large group of neighbors each reported the cars daily. The city got 10 to 15 reports every day about the same car.

I also suggest emailing or Facebooking PG Sittenfeld and Chris Seelbach on city council. They can both be helpful on neighborhood stuff.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:25 AM

610 posts, read 788,655 times
You can also go to http://cagismaps.hamilton-co.org/csr/cincinnati/ and report lots of things. I've gotten a few pot holes fixed and a couch removed on my street using it. You can also zoom around the city and see when streets will be repaved and what people have reported in near you.

Last edited by cincydave8; 07-13-2016 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: fixed link

Old 07-13-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
You can also go to Cincinnati Citizen Service Request and report lots of things. I've gotten a few pot holes fixed and a couch removed on my street using it. You can also zoom around the city and see when streets will be repaved and what people have reported in near you.

Thanks...Very cool!

Old 07-13-2016, 08:13 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,949,040 times
In my experience with these kinds of things, the City of Cincinnati does a great job of SOUNDING like they'll take care of the problem, but it can require a ton of persistence, nagging, etc. before they actually do. Something along the lines of what Mimi in Cinci mentioned is your best bet to get something done. It'll happen only when the employee(s) responsible are spending more time on the complaints than it would take them to resolve the issue. To the employees' credit, I think they're overloaded with work, and I don't think the City exactly hires the brightest bulbs on the string, either.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:19 AM

YES Sarah that's exactly the problem we've had ('re the dog barking issue)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: