Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,229 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Price Hill in one month, I just signed the lease !!! The street I'm moving to seems safe enough, but not far away is the area that looks like a high crime area -- BUT -- it's so close to the city and the house is adorable and the rent is reasonable !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkameha View Post
I am coming to Cincinnati ST for work (3 -6 mon) from the Detroit area.
Looking at rentals online in Price Hill area near the river. Never really been to Cincinnati - only driven through. The best area to rent in Detroit is on the river - is the same true in Cincinnati? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 AM

5 posts, read 19,814 times
to see what kind of crimes, and the location of crimes in any Cincinnati neighborhood, use the link below. You can expand the Crimes Tab, and select "arrests", "Police Calls", etc. and they will pop up on the screen. Hover over the dots to see the police report(s) from that call or arrest at that location.

http://data.cincinnati.com/navigator/

As far as Price Hill, it is depressing to drive through most parts and see what it has become.

Last edited by QueenCityMotorsports; 11-06-2008 at 10:41 AM..

Old 11-06-2008, 05:30 PM

77 posts, read 195,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Skip Price Hill...I am a native Cincinnatian living in Detroit...small world...right?? Price Hill is declining very fast...I would stay away. What about Delhi or Covedale? There are traditional apartments in those places and they are much safer...they are just the next neighborhood over from Price Hill...
Not to get technical but I believe part of Covedale is actually just a neighborhood in Price Hill. And yes I'm bias but I think the part of Price Hill where I live the ,Cedar Grove neighborhood, is slowly turning around thanks to grassroot efforts. Frankly if anyone is looking to move Price Hill on a long term basis they have to become proactive in confronting the area's problems on a personal level.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:54 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesialee View Post
I'm moving to Price Hill in one month, I just signed the lease !!! The street I'm moving to seems safe enough, but not far away is the area that looks like a high crime area -- BUT -- it's so close to the city and the house is adorable and the rent is reasonable !!!
That's life in the city, any city! My street is awesome, but...walk two blocks in the wrong direction and there are shootings and curbside drug deals going on. When you've gotten to know your neighbors they can tell you which spots to avoid and when.

The naysayers about areas like Price Hill are the people who remember the old days, whether "good" or not, and see all change as negative. No one's going to deny that some sections have gotten rundown and that only a fool would leave home with any doors or windows unlocked. But the perception often proves far worse than the reality. Urban living is what it is, and the pluses far outnumber the minuses. Kudos to all who decide to be a part of making it work for them.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,990 times
Lower and East Price Hill are 2 of the worst Cincinnati neighborhoods; I would stay away. West Price Hill (where I live) is better, but it's still pretty bad in some areas. The neighborhood is declining, as is Cincinnati in general. I would definately suggest West Price Hill, or even Delhi (which is actually not part of Cincinnati, it's its own township, but it's right next to Price Hill, and a lot safer) or Covedale (which might actually be part of West Price Hill. I'm not sure. There are so many different neighborhoods in Cinti, it can get confusing.)Some notes about Price Hill...everyone is Catholic. And German. Everyone. Or at least about 90%. Seriously. Ask a Price Hillian for directions and they'll name at least 3 Catholic Churches (St. Teresa, St. Lawrence, St. William, Holy Family, Resurrection...the list goes on forever.) Elder is a big deal, and, to a lesser degree, Seton. Everyone eats at Price Hill Chilli. And everyone knows everyone else. Also, Cincinnati in general is very divided between the trendier East Side and the less fashionable West Side. Good luck!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:04 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
Cityscape and the upper part of Grand Ave., the tip of Price Hill has some of the nicest houses and views in Cincinnati. If you haven't been up there, its worth the trip.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:32 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,584,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiejean View Post
Lower and East Price Hill are 2 of the worst Cincinnati neighborhoods; I would stay away. West Price Hill (where I live) is better, but it's still pretty bad in some areas. The neighborhood is declining, as is Cincinnati in general. I would definately suggest West Price Hill, or even Delhi (which is actually not part of Cincinnati, it's its own township, but it's right next to Price Hill, and a lot safer) or Covedale (which might actually be part of West Price Hill. I'm not sure. There are so many different neighborhoods in Cinti, it can get confusing.)Some notes about Price Hill...everyone is Catholic. And German. Everyone. Or at least about 90%. Seriously. Ask a Price Hillian for directions and they'll name at least 3 Catholic Churches (St. Teresa, St. Lawrence, St. William, Holy Family, Resurrection...the list goes on forever.) Elder is a big deal, and, to a lesser degree, Seton. Everyone eats at Price Hill Chilli. And everyone knows everyone else. Also, Cincinnati in general is very divided between the trendier East Side and the less fashionable West Side. Good luck!
Not all of Price Hill is declining. In fact there are parts that are improving. It varies: West is okay;East is dicey but in some areas it is turning around ( Neighbors are finally getting fed up with the decline and crime and are making a grassroot effort to clean it up); and Lower can be sketchy, but it is a small area compared to other Cincinnati neighborhoods.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:43 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,584,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters21 View Post
Not all of Price Hill is declining. In fact there are parts that are improving. It varies: West is okay;East is dicey but in some areas it is turning around ( Neighbors are finally getting fed up with the decline and crime and are making a grassroot effort to clean it up); and Lower can be sketchy, but it is a small area compared to other Cincinnati neighborhoods.
East and Lower Price Hills may not be all that great ,but there are much worse neighborhoods in Cincinnati such as Avondale( south) and Bond Hill.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:14 AM

6 posts, read 16,791 times
Price Hill is the continuation of a huge ghetto when it's physically separated from the other cited neighborhoods? Huh, who knew?

Price Hill is hardly "declining very fast," unless by that you mean people who don't want to work to sustain and improve it move out until those of us who aren't afraid of a little hard work make it so and they move back to benefit from our efforts? I suppose that's ok, it just means higher property values and resale prices for folks who move back. We hope to see you soon!

Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM

682 posts, read 1,628,919 times
Price Hill is experiencing quite a bit of restoration. The biggest problem is many locals have formed opinions of Price Hill years ago and they haven't actually been over there in a decade much less the last couple of years.

If you look at the people who made their money in Mt Adams and Columbia Tusculum who are now buying over in Price Hill its not hard to figure out the neighborhood is going up not down. Couple that with another positive trend , many out of towners are buying and restoring over there.

I actually think the next census will surprise people not only about Price Hill but Fairmount and Westwood as well. Large parts of the demographic that brought those areas down 10-15 yrs ago are beggining to move to the townships, EVEN suburbia, and a lot of new people have moved in and are restoring some of the best architecture in the city.

Since you are moving from Detroit or most any other major city, by comparison the crime in Cincinnati is minimal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati