Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 05:17 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,994,294 times

Advertisements

Rather than bump up an old thread that led off with discussion of the defunct Cincinnati Saints, it's my pleasure to introduce a new thread devoted entirely to FC Cincinnati. Last night's news speaks for itself...

From WLW-TV:
* FC Cincinnati fans break home opener record
From the Enquirer:
* FC Cincinnati sets record USL home opener attendance with 23,144
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 06:30 AM

610 posts, read 789,257 times
I'm a Bailey season ticket holder. Last night was so much fun. The atmosphere of these games is just so positive and they bring people together. Diverse crowd of families, young peoples and of different ethnicity. If you haven't been yet you're missing out on a really good time.

http://www.fccincinnati.com/tickets

Photo I took:

Last edited by cincydave8; 04-16-2017 at 06:43 AM..

Old 04-16-2017, 07:21 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,994,294 times
^ Thank you, cincydave8, for leading off with such a timely personal photo like this! Let's bang it up with what the Business Journal posted this morning...
* http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/04/15/fc-cincinnati-hosts-record-breaking-home-opener.html

Old 05-25-2017, 06:22 AM

610 posts, read 789,257 times
Here's where FC Cincinnati is looking to build new stadium

FC Cincinnati released 3 possible stadium locations. Oakley (Milacron site next to Sams and Movie Theater), West End (Taft HS field) or Newport (Ovation)

From FC President Jeff Berding: "Our prospective stadium finance plan is being developed," Berding said. "Our effort to land an MLS franchise for Cincinnati starts with $250 million in private investment and would not include a new tax increase as speculated today at the Hamilton County commission meeting."

----
So the way I see it each site has its positive and negatives.

West End - Urban location (which is a priority to MLS), walking distance from tons of bars, basically on the streetcar route. Parking could be interesting, I wonder if they'd want a new garage or anything but might not be needed.

Oakley - Plenty of space to build the stadium, plenty of parking, walk to Mad Tree and the other Oakley bars. Could look cool from 71. Traffic would be a nightmare. There would have to be another way back there.

Newport - Plenty of space to build the stadium, would have a great views of downtown, somewhat walkable to bars, traffic could be an issue with maybe 60 to 70% of fans coming from Ohio. A lot of fans feel like it's FC Cincinnati not FC Newport or whatever.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:06 AM

245 posts, read 330,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
Here's where FC Cincinnati is looking to build new stadium

FC Cincinnati released 3 possible stadium locations. Oakley (Milacron site next to Sams and Movie Theater), West End (Taft HS field) or Newport (Ovation)

From FC President Jeff Berding: "Our prospective stadium finance plan is being developed," Berding said. "Our effort to land an MLS franchise for Cincinnati starts with $250 million in private investment and would not include a new tax increase as speculated today at the Hamilton County commission meeting."

----
So the way I see it each site has its positive and negatives.

West End - Urban location (which is a priority to MLS), walking distance from tons of bars, basically on the streetcar route. Parking could be interesting, I wonder if they'd want a new garage or anything but might not be needed.

Oakley - Plenty of space to build the stadium, plenty of parking, walk to Mad Tree and the other Oakley bars. Could look cool from 71. Traffic would be a nightmare. There would have to be another way back there.

Newport - Plenty of space to build the stadium, would have a great views of downtown, somewhat walkable to bars, traffic could be an issue with maybe 60 to 70% of fans coming from Ohio. A lot of fans feel like it's FC Cincinnati not FC Newport or whatever.
Sorry but I'm being selfish here and invoke a NIMBY. Not Oakley.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:59 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,279,630 times
I know I am in the minority with this opinion, especially among FC fans, but I do not want to see a new stadium and I think the team is much better suited for the USL than MLS. I have been to a half dozen games so far and I plan on going Saturday. I really enjoy the atmosphere at Nippert, and the cheap tickets result in a packed house with all ages represented. If a new stadium is built and tickets quadruple in price, I doubt many soccer coaches will be bringing their whole teams to the game the way they do now. I also think the financial arrangement with Nippert is good for UC ,as NCAA DI athletics are a massive drain for all but a handful of schools and the stadium lease lets them recoup some of the investment.

If the team ownership were losing unsustainable amounts of money and a change was necessary to keep the organization afloat, I could see a MLS move. I don't believe that this is the case at all, so I see no reason why the team can't exist in its current form/level for a long ways to come.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:59 AM

1,607 posts, read 2,823,685 times
Use this site.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ci...!4d-84.5120196

Old 05-25-2017, 11:45 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,356,547 times
If we could get Mike Brown to take his band of thug losers to another lucky city, FC could take of the massive swindle we know as PBS.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:25 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,125,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
If we could get Mike Brown to take his band of thug losers to another lucky city, FC could take of the massive swindle we know as PBS.
Wilson, for once I agree with you! Couldn't have said it better myself.

But yeah of the three locations, I'm honestly with Chemistry_Guy, Id rather see it stay at Nippert but if it had to build new the Taft site >> Newport >>>>>>>>>>>>> the butchered big-box suburbia section of Oakley.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:18 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,559,172 times
None of these locations are ideal, but I like the West End location if they can incorporate the existing buildings into the design.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati