Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 05:00 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,446,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
there was a tipping point for Izzy's. I think it was in the 1981 to 1985 era. I was working at a place where we went to Izzy's once a week. And, I think it deteriorated toward the end of my term at that place. Today, it is on par with Kroger's Deli, sorry to say.

So, Shapiro's will be a welcome addition if it lives up to expectations.

After an absence of some considerable time, I ventured over to Izzy's on Red Bank for dinner tonight.

Let me spare any of you the painful experience. It was vomituous. The worst potato pancake I have ever had the misfortune to eat. It was greasy and compressed to the point that it cut like wet cardboard.

My fried cod sandwich would have been a disappointment if it had been made with Mrs. Paul's fish sticks from the freezer. Frankly it was worse. Much worse.

And, I should also point out the the moronic service I got made the whole experience even more memorable.

Consider it a no fly zone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 05:30 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,972,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
After an absence of some considerable time, I ventured over to Izzy's on Red Bank for dinner tonight.

Let me spare any of you the painful experience. It was vomituous. The worst potato pancake I have ever had the misfortune to eat. It was greasy and compressed to the point that it cut like wet cardboard.

My fried cod sandwich would have been a disappointment if it had been made with Mrs. Paul's fish sticks from the freezer. Frankly it was worse. Much worse.

And, I should also point out the the moronic service I got made the whole experience even more memorable.

Consider it a no fly zone.

Sorry you had such a bad experience, but I put them in what I call my "you're dead to me" category a few years ago. It's a shame.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:04 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,446,693 times
Add one more.

PS: Alabama Fish changed their cod. Sadly, Montgomery Inn Boathouse is now number 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati