Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,508 times

Advertisements

Hello all!
I am looking for advice on Cincinnati suburbs. We have been considering moving to the area, as my husband travels frequently for his job to Cincinnati. I have a really great possible job opportunity in the Kenwood area, so now we are starting to think that this might be the best time to make the move. We have 2 children, middle school aged, and would like to be outside of the city. By making several trips to the area and reading as many of these posts I can find, I'm looking for some advise on areas and school, preferably outside of 275. I have found so many forums saying Lakota and Mason are great schools, however they seem a bit big, and after browsing a few websites, the housing market is limited for our price range of $200-$225. Can anyone recommend some other good districts? I would like to find a good school that isn't huge, but isn't small to the point where new kids have trouble feeling at home.
I appreciate the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 07:18 PM

410 posts, read 584,366 times
I understand the dilemma. The majority of the public schools outside the 275 loop are going to be very large by the time the kids get to middle school. It can intimidating especially if your child doesn't have a niche like music or sports. Additional districts to look at would be Loveland or Milford.

I would also suggest looking inside the 275 loop at Maderia, Mariemont or Wyoming for really great smaller districts.

You are going to encounter a really competitive market to get a home in any of these areas for under $250.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:59 PM

4 posts, read 9,758 times
I can understand your fears about a large school system. I had the same fears when we moved to Lakota schools with our three kids 5.5 years ago. I can honestly say my kids are thriving!! They have been involved in music/sports but are definitely average kids...not the stars. My middle child is an excellent student, and I feel the large district is a HUGE plus for her. The teachers in the advanced/AP classes are EXCELLENT. My oldest just graduated from Lakota West and is an average student. Aside from one really poor teacher, he had a great experience. He was not enrolled in any advanced classes, but he still had teachers who cared. The principal at West is a great guy. My youngest is still in elementary school and I LOVE her school. It's a very caring, nurturing environment. Her teachers are WONDERFUL as is the entire staff. All the schools have opportunities for parents to be involved. Your child does not have to be a "stand out".

However, that is not to say that other districts in Cincy Metro aren't equally wonderful or maybe even better!! I just could relate to your fears of the big school district. I had those same fears.

With a realtor, I think you find a nice home in your price range in Lakota Schools. I do know homes in that price range often sell within a day or two of listing. Working with a professional who knows what is coming on the market is key there. Good luck wherever you wind up. Welcome to the area!! ec

Old 06-08-2017, 05:01 AM

224 posts, read 295,273 times
Based on what was described, Loveland or Kings are your best bets. Both high schools are about the same size and are significantly smaller than Mason or Lakota. In the case of Loveland, just know there is a city income tax if you buy within the city limits. But alot of the Loveland School District covers unincorporated areas, and I think all of Kings covers unincorporated areas.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:13 AM

1,581 posts, read 1,965,455 times
Blue Ash - in Sycamore school district although you won't get the nicest home for $225k. For that, you'll need to go outside 275, and I would point to Lakota in that price range.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:31 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,396,738 times
Kenwood and Mariemont. Forget outside 275 unless you have to work out there.

Old 06-25-2017, 06:40 PM

115 posts, read 95,534 times
Don't overlook Loveland!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati