Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 05:45 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,800,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Which is in Union Township, not Batavia, and in the West Clermont School District.

Pay no attention to people who have never ventured outside the I-275 loop. It's a pretty common affliction in Cincinnati.
I live outside the loop, i have lived to tell about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 10:16 AM

185 posts, read 297,889 times
I've been outside the loop since 1996 and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. A bit more elbow room, more house and land for the money.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:31 PM

183 posts, read 193,942 times
I lived in Cherry Grove for 9 months with my girlfriend, now wife, just inside the 275 loop. You couldn't pay me to move back to that hellscape. Obviously, to each their own, but as others have said, you'll have quite a trek to make it into any of the city's cultural amenities.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:24 PM

18 posts, read 20,338 times
Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate it. I will be moving to Batavia on the 26th of July. I know I have a job but not sure where it's going to be. The last time I checked the only options were West Chester and Mason Montgomery out of which it seemed like the powers to be were leaning towards West Chester. I am excited about Jungle Jim's which is 10 minutes away from my house, LOL ....... Anyways back to boxes and tape and packing...........

Old 07-02-2017, 07:30 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,949,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjar View Post
Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate it. I will be moving to Batavia on the 26th of July. I know I have a job but not sure where it's going to be. The last time I checked the only options were West Chester and Mason Montgomery out of which it seemed like the powers to be were leaning towards West Chester. I am excited about Jungle Jim's which is 10 minutes away from my house, LOL ....... Anyways back to boxes and tape and packing...........

Wishing you the best on your move and that your job works out all for the best!

Old 07-04-2017, 04:45 PM

41,718 posts, read 74,654,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
We have been joking about Batavia a lot, but as Ogirl says it is not that bad. It is on the edge of civilization. The link to Appalachia. Very pretty country. Inexpensive living. An ugly commute to Cincinnati but close to Amish country; wilderness. Little main St. Courthouse, coffee shops, everyone knows everyone. A lot could be said for it, although if that is what one wants, Kentucky has better small town choices.
And yet ... The OP's new home is not IN Batavia. The wilds of Union Township's endless subdivisions are quite different from the village life.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:53 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,348,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
And yet ... The OP's new home is not IN Batavia. The wilds of Union Township's endless subdivisions are quite different from the village life.

I think you are parsing this at a level of magnification that no one really cares about. While I am sure you are right, for most of us, Batavia is everything from Eastgate to Mt Orab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati