Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 01:37 PM

816 posts, read 1,395,826 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I am tired of Cleveland and I am looking for a change of scenery. Cleveland is just too ghetto for me anymore and I'm looking to move somewhere a little nicer. Ideally, I would like to stay within a short-ish drive from Cleveland since I still have family here. Have any of you guys lived in Cleveland and Cincinnati? I am wondering if Cincy is much of an upgrade from Cleveland or not? I am hoping that Cincy is safer, hopefully I get unbiased answers here, so it's worth an ask....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 11:28 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post
I've been pushing for Cleveland for a long time. I've been patient here, but this place is just starting to wear me out... the scumbags have jaded my view and have ruined my living experience in every neighborhood I've lived. I want to move somewhere with better people. Somewhere where I can live in peace and not have to listen to gunshots, subwoofers, thugs screaming and yelling, fast and the furious type cars with huge mufflers drag racing down residential streets, etc. at all times of day/night, every freaking day. I'm just sick of it and I need to get outta here.

No one could disagree with that.

Ohio is filled with lovely small towns where the loudest noise you might ever hear is a tuba in a marching band, or 4th of July fireworks.

I could see relocation to any of dozens of places here, close by to Cleveland if you want for bvisits to friends and family or the tremendous cultural amenities that Cleveland still supports.

Put up a thread for relocation to some small towns and villages between Columbus and Cleveland.

I would bet that Mt. Vernon Ohio would be a good example of a place you would like.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
No one could disagree with that.

Ohio is filled with lovely small towns where the loudest noise you might ever hear is a tuba in a marching band, or 4th of July fireworks.

I could see relocation to any of dozens of places here, close by to Cleveland if you want for bvisits to friends and family or the tremendous cultural amenities that Cleveland still supports.

Put up a thread for relocation to some small towns and villages between Columbus and Cleveland.

I would bet that Mt. Vernon Ohio would be a good example of a place you would like.
Thanks! I do like "urban" areas though because of the pure convenience they offer, so I guess I was wondering if Cincy would be an upgrade over Cleveland when it comes to crime/safety/noise/overall ghettoness lol. I kinda like the idea of living in a rural area just because of the peacefulness, but the lack of amenities, likely presence of septic/well system, and probably lack of rentals is what is deterring me. So maybe suburban would be best for me...

Old 06-25-2017, 11:38 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,783 times
Yellow Springs man if you want peace and quiet.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Yellow Springs man if you want peace and quiet.
Thanks for the suggestion. Wherever I move to, I will be attending university, so that is kinda why I was considering Cincy because of UC.... not sure if there are any universities nearby Yellow Springs or not?

Old 06-25-2017, 12:00 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Wherever I move to, I will be attending university, so that is kinda why I was considering Cincy because of UC.... not sure if there are any universities nearby Yellow Springs or not?
Wright St and U. of Dayton are 20-35 mins a way depending on traffic.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:04 PM

811 posts, read 888,408 times
Have you looked into Covington, KY and Newport, KY directly across the river from Cincinnati? They are still very urban and short commute to downtown, but do offer a bit of quietness, at least as much as you can in an urban area. Although, crime is certainly everywhere, including the Cinci metro. I made a move from Cleveland to NKY (Cincinnati Metro area) a few years ago and now I am in Central Kentucky, but I liked the Cincinnati area for the time I was there.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:07 PM

6,341 posts, read 11,087,268 times
Yes, Covington is not all that bad for an urban setting. I have been living here since Christmas at my house and compared to some places it is quiet but others, noisier. I've actually had bigger problems with noise and people screwing with my personal property or property in a couple of small towns in KS and MO than here. But there were also a couple of small towns in KS, MN and ME that were definitely quieter than Covington. Also have lived in urban areas of Kansas City that were OK too and fairly quiet. One was not.

My biggest problem is finding a place to live where I don't have to deal with people starting rumors. Not sure why, but this is a major problem in much of Mid America and less so in the Northeast where I've also lived. For some reason people in the lower Midwest especially like to "project" what they "think" about who or what someone is when they do not know them or their behavior is not typical of the local people. People start lies and and make claims all of which are false but lead to real headaches for me at work and at home. I will say that Covington while not perfect in this respect has been less of a problem than some places in mid America. Middle of the pack. The only way I can really nip it in the budd is to move back to New England or possibly some areas of NY where this is less of a problem. South would probably be OK too but it is just too hot and humid.

Anyway, that is something else you should think about. Do local people mess with you in the manner I just described and not just with noise in the area?

Old 06-25-2017, 05:10 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times
I was thinking Delaware Ohio might be a good choice also.

Cleveland is just a couple of clicks back from Baltimore which is a complete toilet. Cleveland was a once great city. Not as great as Cincinnati. But now headed toward the drain.

The good news for Cleveland is that housing prices are about half what they average in Cincinnati. The bad news is they are all in the ghetto.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:32 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I was thinking Delaware Ohio might be a good choice also.

Cleveland is just a couple of clicks back from Baltimore which is a complete toilet. Cleveland was a once great city. Not as great as Cincinnati. But now headed toward the drain.

The good news for Cleveland is that housing prices are about half what they average in Cincinnati. The bad news is they are all in the ghetto.
Consider Cinci's high poverty rate, especially among kids (2nd highest in nation) as well as its large population decline before going there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati