Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:37 AM

71 posts, read 229,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
You brought up a good point, katla, that had escaped me. The class issue exists all along the Little Miami Valley and farther into Clermont and Warren Counties. It's the same thing that goes on in many city neighborhoods that become "hot," and in fact the exact scenario is playing out especially strongly in Cincinnati's East End. There as in Maineville, Morrow, etc, the incumbent community of working-class and poor people is suddenly being offered top dollar for their land and watching houses get torn down or remodeled as subdivisions replace woods and farms. The new arrivals tool around in their SUV's and associate only with each other, while their kids ridicule the offspring of the longtime families. My sis and BIL in Loveland have four sons, so are "fixtures" at the area Y, and they have plenty of anecdotes to back that up. When one of their boys decided he wanted to have a birthday party at the Cincinnati Museum Center, some of the friends on the guest list were from Maineville. A dad we "old folks" were chatting with told of having no idea that the Museum Center existed. He was a ballcap-wearing "average Joe" who I knew instinctively had to be "old school Maineville." I grew up in Wyoming, so definitely know of classism and its ugliness, and hoped that this good guy wouldn't have it visited upon his child. I've heard from the BIL and sis, though, that other Maineville parents have complimented them on their "kind, well-raised" sons who aren't "mean like so many of the Maineville and Loveland kids are." West Chester (Lakota school district), Mason, and other areas grapple with the same problem.

I don't mean to hate on Maineville too much, but one more thing to add is that when a Jewish family moved to my sister's street in Loveland they said it was to get out of "a town where no one was like us and where nothing about our children's heritage, even Hanukkah and Passover, was taught in the schools." Being an "optimist in spite of everything," I'd like to believe that those communities are going through growing pains and will emerge the better for it in due time. But due time doesn't matter when your kids are already in high school, lol.

Monroe (in Hamilton County), Lebanon (Warren County), and Amelia, Newtown, Glen Este, or Bethel (Clermont County) are in the same vicinity and might be preferable.
Monroe is in hamilton county? The city sits in Butler Co and not Hamilton Co. unless your speaking of monroe township which I have never heard of in Ohio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,608 times
Default Living in Maineville

I live around the Maineville area. Love the community! Its safe environment and schools are very good as one of my kid goes to the school here. Neighbors look out for each other and their kids. Its very pretty area and spaced out (not crowded as in cities). I guarantee you and your family will be happy here There are lots of recreational activities with parks closeby and lakes as well.

As for churches, There is a Vineyard church about 20 minutes from this area that is really awesome and non denominational. Very casual and be yourself meaning you can dress in jeans! I have gone to this church from time to time. My home based congregation is by my house in this area that I normally attend to.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati