Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 07:33 PM

6 posts, read 10,557 times

Advertisements

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my Stratford Manor buddies!! I remember sled riding behind Eastwood Elementary. Not a very big hill, but we had loads of fun. We would stay out for hours, go home to dry off, and then be back outside again until supper. I also remember my Mom making snow ice-cream. What a treat it was. Christmas was always special. We always had a real tree, which we bought at Thriftway. I remember the snow being so deep and the wind blowing around the corner of the house. We always had school, no snow days for us because we walked to school. I remember coming back to school after going home for lunch and if the outside light was on it meant you would have indoor recess. We did get to play in the snow sometimes though. I remember having a boy rub snow in my face one day. It was so cold it took your breathe away! Wow the memories.

Debbie Williams Griffith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 07:09 AM

325 posts, read 1,124,982 times
Debbie, I know what your talking about !! My mom could make the snow ice cream too...I always thought it was a southern thing Sort of like ...got lemons>make lemonade......got snow>make snow ice cream !!! Loved those days......a neighbor would go upstairs and raise the window that was over the porch roof and get that snow and use it for the snow ice cream. Toots..I bet your mom could make it too !! I don't remember us having any snow days either and girls had to wear dresses to school when we went...walking to Eastwood was bad enough in the snow but walking to Lyons was even worse !! I think finally in 8th grd they let girls wear pants for the 3 months of cold weather...by 9th grd. winter we could wear them all the time....I miss those days and my old Manor friiends !!!! Hyden

Old 12-22-2010, 12:37 AM

Hello Friends & Neighbors !!! I wanted to wish everyone one this forum and on City Data a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!!! This is a fun time of year and a busy one too, but I hope everyone will remember the real Reason for the Season !!!! I probably won't be on here for a couple days or so ...so I want to leave you with a poem :

Santa's Christmas Prayer

"Lord, You know that You're the reason I take pleasure in this season.
I don't want to take Your place, but just reflect Your wondrous grace.

And so when hey begin to open gifts for which they have been hoping,
may they give You all the glory, for You're the One True Christmas story."

Merry Christmas To All !!! Hyden

Old 12-22-2010, 12:40 PM

101 posts, read 228,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
Hello Friends & Neighbors !!! I wanted to wish everyone one this forum and on City Data a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!!! This is a fun time of year and a busy one too, but I hope everyone will remember the real Reason for the Season !!!! I probably won't be on here for a couple days or so ...so I want to leave you with a poem :

Santa's Christmas Prayer

"Lord, You know that You're the reason I take pleasure in this season.
I don't want to take Your place, but just reflect Your wondrous grace.

And so when hey begin to open gifts for which they have been hoping,
may they give You all the glory, for You're the One True Christmas story."

Merry Christmas To All !!! Hyden
Thanks Jeannie and I wish you and yours the best Holiday season. Also all my good friends on this thread...We have been Blessed to be able to enjoy our memories with so many others!!! Merry Xmas...Jerry

Old 12-22-2010, 03:55 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Ho-Ho-Ho! Best wishes to everyone for the holidays. May they be enjoyable and safe.
-NB

Old 12-22-2010, 07:00 PM

185 posts, read 458,693 times
You are so right Jerry,we have been so blessed to be able to gather on here and talk about our lives in the manor.I hope those memories never leaves me.
I want to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:13 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Have a Safe & Happy New Year Everyone!

(toot! toooooot!)

Old 01-01-2011, 06:53 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,795,375 times
This thread is notable for how many participate and also the thoughts expressed about growing up in a simpler time. I was not a direct part of your group, but had a sister-in-law and brother-in-law who lived in the manor in the early 60s. They left and moved to Dillonvale as they were having kids like rabbits.

I would pass the manor either on the Madison Rd side or later on I-71 during my commute to work in Norwood. Gradually the decay became evident, and I was sad.

A Very Happy New Year to all of you who grew up there, remember it as a great place, and are happy it touched your lives. I can think of very few places today which will spawn the feelings most of you have for the manor.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:46 AM

185 posts, read 458,693 times
Thank you kjbrill for the sentiments,the manor was a wonderful place to live and will forever be in our hearts as will all of our friends on this thread even though we didn`t know each one on a personal level, I knew some of the same people they knew.It must have had such an impact on our lives to stay with us all of these years.We were truly blessed to find Hydens post which has brought us all together again in a different way....A.F.D.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:14 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR MANOR FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS !!!!! Just wanted to give you all a shout and to remind you that we have a page on facebook listed as : Stratford Manor/ Eastwood Village ...come on there and join us , post some pictures and just reconnect...I would love to see it pick up more members this year I'll check back with you all....Hyden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati