Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 07:59 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,211,615 times

Advertisements

I cant believe how big this thread is wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancalderon71 View Post
I cant believe how big this thread is wow!
It's quite a whopper!

Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times
Johathan,did you live @ the manor also?We have met alot of wonderful friends and neighbors on here..Lots of precious memories.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:50 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.F.D. View Post
Johathan,did you live @ the manor also?We have met alot of wonderful friends and neighbors on here..Lots of precious memories.
I believe you will find out Jonathan was not even born when the Manor existed, and likely has no idea where it really was unless he has read through this entire thread. He is just intrigued by the size of the thread and how many people have responded, as am I.

Today, they talk about the resurgence of OTR. That is all well and good. But when 50 years from now, when people talk about growing up there, the kids they related to and remember, then you will know it was a truely productive people neighborhood like the Manor.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 PM

56 posts, read 106,811 times
kjbrill you are right i dont think places like the manor are around any more. most all the people there had one thing in common they were not on welfare they worked hard to get by and had a goal to make a better life for there love ones. it was a super place to live. it was a place of fun times were we dident have a lot but that never seamed to matter. i had good friends that i still talk with today, and reading this tread a lot of others do to.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,860 times
Greetings

I'm working on a work of fiction set in 1972-73 that encompasses The Childrens Home, Eastwood Village, Lyon Jr High and "the tunnel" which was located under the expressway intersection of Red Bank road and 71 (bottom of hill behind Lyon JH). I was thrilled to find many of the street names and even the retail stores like Ontario's and Rinks. There are other points of localities that I'm having a harder time nailing down. I was a young child when we moved to Eastwood temporarily (about 6-8 months) while we waited for my stepdad's transfer to come in. In my memory I see a plaza that set pretty far back and I think there was a laundry mat, a bar and maybe a little store. I recall one particular character who was young, nice looking and maybe had recently come back from Viet Nam because he always had on combat boots and army greens. He just seemed to hang around all day long, smoke cigarettes. His speech mimicked what some would call black slang (he was white) and he even verbalized that thats who he identified with but I cant recall his given any reason in particular. Also there was one incidence that I have never forgotten but again have had a hard time finding the particulars on. A man shot and killed himself and his wife in there apartment located right on the main street and across from our building. I remember him being around 30 and very slight/slender. They had a couple of small children, maybe 3. I think this was around the spring of '73. If any of this rings a bell, please post here. It would be appreciated.

mmlyon

Old 06-10-2012, 03:19 PM

lost my email when is the get togather at drake park can some one let us know thanks

Old 06-10-2012, 04:51 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times
Danny,the get together will be on the 23rd of this month.Hope you can make it...

Old 06-25-2012, 07:23 PM

Default drake get togather

MAN I MISSED IT AGAIN EVERY TIME SOMETHING COMES UP.I GUESS ILL NEVER GET TO MEET YOU ALL. SORRY I WILL TRY FOR THE NEXT ONE .

Old 08-09-2012, 12:36 PM

18 posts, read 28,642 times
This is my first time on this site and maybe there aren't too many people on here from the Trail, but I grew up there and made my way to Stratford Manor pretty often. Most of my friends went to Lyons but I was Catholic and went to Nativity. It was fun time growing up there. I'll check in once in awhile. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati