Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2009, 09:11 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times

Advertisements

I would like to wish each one of my Stratford Manor friends a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.We were once neighbors but scattered all over the country now ,however there is still a connection.A.F.D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 09:25 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.F.D. View Post
I would like to wish each one of my Stratford Manor friends a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.We were once neighbors but scattered all over the country now ,however there is still a connection.A.F.D.

And best wishes to you and yours A.F.D. It's pretty amazing considering after all these decades of a place that no longer exists that there is indded a connection to it, even if it's only a nostalgic memory of history.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:46 PM

56 posts, read 106,811 times
there seamed to be a bond with the people of the mannor like we took care of and watched over each other. there was something special about the place and people who called it home .i dont know what it was. it felt like we were the only people in town. we were there for a reason it was a special time that will all way live inside of us.as crazy as it sounds in are hearts it will be there for ever

Old 12-23-2009, 03:57 PM

101 posts, read 228,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I have observed with interest what you all have said. I have a sister-in-law who lived there for a period of time after she was married. To me it just emphasizes the huge differences in our society from that era, when, good hard-working people could provide a very reasonable environment for bringing up their families. This is something we appear to have lost, and are forever the worse off for.
The Manor was Americana of late '50s 60's &early 70's. thats what made it such a great place to live.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:06 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrryprat View Post
The Manor was Americana of late '50s 60's &early 70's. thats what made it such a great place to live.

Well said. You're absolutely right. There were many elements that went into making Stratford Manor what it was. It's hard to pin down any one or two things about it. If I were to try to summarize what it was to me, it would be to say that it was a good neighborhood, and a pretty good-sized neighborhood at that. I was there until the late-50s, so I have no idea what happened after I left. But the experiences I had and the people I knew there had an effect that seems remarkable considering it was half a century ago for me. For some reason, a good part of it rubbed off on me, and I've never forgotten about it. It was a time gone by, but it was a good time and I'm glad I was there.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:44 PM

25 posts, read 64,992 times
Merry Christmas to all. Look forward to hearing from all of you in 2010. Was just thinking of ordering some goeta the other day. Not had any in years.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:38 AM

267 posts, read 722,042 times
merry christmas and happy newyear

Old 12-26-2009, 07:15 PM

185 posts, read 458,516 times
Where are you Hyden?Let us know if you`ve survived the rush.LOL

Old 12-27-2009, 05:00 AM

325 posts, read 1,124,319 times
AFD, I'm still here, I don't do last minute shopping, I leave all that to my girls, they are young and on their first legs LOL.....next day bargains are up to them too. i was worn out getting things ready for friday so I pretty much rested and slept saturday away...LOL !! Now I wake up at 3:45 am and nothings going on.. Hope all on here had a great Christmas , I know did and feel very Blessed.......Hyden

Old 12-30-2009, 05:06 AM

101 posts, read 228,828 times
I would have never thought a year ago that I would have come into contact with so many people from 38 - 54 yrs. ago. what amazing things are instore for us this year???? A reunion of sorts???? Who knows , but I wish all of my manor friends a Happy Love filled New Year!!!!! Thanx Betty Jean , wish Junebug was here, Luv Ya , Jerry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati