Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 06:58 PM

325 posts, read 1,124,982 times

Advertisements

Hey Jerry, We walked it ( didn't we A.F.D.) and there wasn't no snow days either..and us girls still had to wear dresses. My legs were froze, and the snot in my nose was froze then when you walked in the door of the lobby it was like my nose did an instant thaw !!! Didn't mean to get graphic but thats life and I don't speak (politically correct junk) I think it was when I was in 8th grd when they let us wear pants for 3 mos. The next year we could wear them all the time. Ronnie called said you all are going to get alot of snow, I think we are supposed to get about 4in. I'll get back to you all. Hyden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 08:50 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
Hey Jerry, We walked it ( didn't we A.F.D.) and there wasn't no snow days either..and us girls still had to wear dresses. My legs were froze, and the snot in my nose was froze then when you walked in the door of the lobby it was like my nose did an instant thaw !!! Didn't mean to get graphic but thats life and I don't speak (politically correct junk) I think it was when I was in 8th grd when they let us wear pants for 3 mos. The next year we could wear them all the time. Ronnie called said you all are going to get alot of snow, I think we are supposed to get about 4in. I'll get back to you all. Hyden
I remember trudging to school through the snow. I also remember playing in it for hours. My finger and toes got so cold they were numb. Then when I went into our apartment, my toes and fingers would almost sting from warming up. I also remember the pond freezing thick enough that a good number of kids and adults skate and slide around on it.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 AM

When we went out to play we were dressed for it !!! Your right we could play for hours...I remember a bunch of us had a square plastic thing. So we used it to make blocks with the snow and build a fort , one facing the other.( I don't know how far apart we were LOL )... We had picked sides and of course they had to help build the fort. We had a stock pile of snow balls ... Now that was fun !!!! Hyden

Old 02-06-2010, 08:11 PM

185 posts, read 458,693 times
Just like old times,and yes I`m happy for you.hahahaha!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 AM

101 posts, read 228,921 times
A.F.D. you will be thrilled to hear that we have alot more snow coming down todayand tonite up here in the big city.........Jeannie I know Ron has called you .. Danny , do you live in Anderson. my sis sandy (close to ur age) lives in withamsville.. you might remember her.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:49 PM

Jerry, We got about an inch when we woke up this morning, but it has since melted off. Reports say we are to get 2-4 inches tonight so we'll see. It dosen't have to snow much here for school to be called off. Around these mountains and hollers if a bus can't run it the whole county calls off !! The grandkids would love to have some deep snow.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:05 PM

185 posts, read 458,693 times
Jerry,I`m so happy for you guys in the big city.We have had snow and sleet here off and on all day,don`t know what we will have on the ground when we awake tomorrow morning.It kept me from driving to East Tn.to be with my sister who has cancer and having her percedure tomorrow,I feel so bad that I can`t be with her. I`ll ask each of you to say a prayer for her tomorrow.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 AM

101 posts, read 228,921 times
A.F.D. I'm sure all of our prayers are with you. We have all lost loved ones to cancer. Both my parents died 4 mths. to the day apart from it. I was holding their hands as they went.. its been 23 yrs but they are never far from my thots or dreams. many of which include the manor!!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 AM

It is snowing here now, we have about 2 inches...I don't know how much we will end with. AFD I will be praying for your sister and you and family, It is hard to deal with this kind of illness, like Jerry's parents my Mother will be gone 24 yrs in nov. It doesn't seem that long ago at times, and my memories of her mostly have to do with our time at the manor. But God is Good !! I hope to see both my parents again some day. Hyden

Old 02-10-2010, 03:55 PM

56 posts, read 106,872 times
yes jerry i remenber your sister well she was the best looking gal in school . ill bet she wont remenber me? im still diging out from the snow storm . will check back soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati