Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 06:47 PM

410 posts, read 582,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
I knew this post sounded familiar:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post46060745

http://www.city-data.com/forum/cinci...ati-metro.html

No matter how many usernames you make, the responses will always be the same.

Ha! I thought I was just having deja vu.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:15 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,350,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
I knew this post sounded familiar:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post46060745

http://www.city-data.com/forum/cinci...ati-metro.html

No matter how many usernames you make, the responses will always be the same.

Memory failed me. Good call.

His thread reported.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:10 PM

61 posts, read 45,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebullets View Post
I don't live in Cinci, but I live in Cleveland, and the dating scene is similar here if not worse. I'm 22 and I have been in a relationship or 2 but I do think that it may be the place and not you. One of my ex best friends was an amazing person who always had terrible luck with relationships. Granted, he had his issues like everyone else but as soon as he moved to PA, he found someone and they've been together for years and they're engaged. I have a lot of friends in their late 20s who have similar dating issues just like you and I've always said maybe its just the people here. I also think that a majority of our generation is far more interested in hooking up vs being in long-term relationships. Even though we claim to want to want to be in relationships all the time. In some of the Ohio cities and towns, I also notice most people tend to only date people in their own social circles which probably makes it harder for outsiders to mingle or get to know some of the single people. Maybe you should start travelling and see where that takes you, not just relationship wise but just for your own personal experience.
THANK YOU! I'm glad to see another person in the STATE is seeing what I'm seeing.

Seeing how this is the same in the state, I guess it's not just a Cincinnati issue either.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:13 PM

61 posts, read 45,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SW Ohio View Post
ManLiving, good luck with your search. I agree with you about Eastern Tennessee. I lived north of Knoxville for two years and found people there generally very approachable. Plus, I really like the Smoky Mountains. You could do worse.

In my case I found my wife here in Cincinnati when I was a fairly recent 32 year old transplant, but I guess we all have different experiences. I am fairly unattractive and shy but I do a lot of volunteer work (the old St. John's Social Services, Ronald McDonald House, PWC, St. Aloysius Orphanage, Highland Nature Sanctuary and random others). What I found is that a fair number of unattached men and women volunteer, that IMO volunteers are more open and less supercilious than average, and that it is easy to make a connection when you are thrown together with others doing good. I was not volunteering in order to meet women, but it was impossible not to. Food for thought.
I might take this into consideration. I haven't volunteered since my senior year of high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati