Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 08:43 PM

19 posts, read 25,530 times

Advertisements

Air specifically: what is it like living in Norwood air? Any comments welcome. Water too.

[I figure I could use a negative ion generator at home... but other than that.... interesting to me is the fact that the place I likeliest would live, has no nonsmoking policy whatsoever. This is unlike Honolulu, where, banning smoking in certain public places is being considered last I knew. I think maybe no residential building here permits smoking except outside at a distance from the building.]

Norwood is high on the list of places to move because Immaculate Conception Church is there, a traditional Catholic Church. I was quite downed to see the facts about the air. Some sites include this information about cities and compare it with the rest of the country using the likelihood of getting respiratory problems, or cancer. I'm not concerned about that but just the day to day matter of breathing bad air. Note that this is not because of pollution primarily but because of natural anomalies only maybe one other area of the country also has - and the air is bad there too. I don't recall where nor the site that gave me the details about rivers meeting near Norwood that evidently bring about the air problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 04:55 PM

19 posts, read 25,530 times
Default further on air, comparison

Other cities in Ohio, such as Akron, West Chester, and I assume Mason and Liberty Township (which I didn't check) have air that is better than Norwood.

All those towns are places of interest because of the traditional Catholic presence there.

Ohio for some reason more than any other state arguably, has a strong trad Cath presence. But Norwood was at the top of the list.

Last edited by Neevans; 06-17-2018 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: this site always gives more space betw paras in the eventual post than appears in the draft - and I tend to forget!

Old 06-17-2018, 06:12 PM

6,294 posts, read 10,998,935 times
I have serious sinus problems as well. Can't live or work in a lot of places like Indianapolis or anywhere near it. Cincinnati air for me is not that bad compared to many metro areas. Not as good as most rural areas but far better than Indy.

I live in Covington for now which is in KY and across the river from downtown Cincy. Have a big Catholic church here. Probably a strong presence here. I was raised in a Swedish Lutheran Church in Hartford, CT and they are not to be found down here. Upper Midwest is where they are mostly located.

You may want to look into Covington. I've been here for a year and a half and it is not such a bad place to live. Not sure how long I will be here since the plans I had for a business have more or less fallen through. Unless I find employment here and try to find a way around that problem, I will have to relocate in the future to a place where I can develop the business I had in mind.

I should add it will be helpful for you to transition into this are if you know people especially on the OH side. Have heard a lot of people mention it is difficult to make friends in this area if you don't already know people especially on the OH side. Probably less of a problem on the KY side which has a bit more growth in recent years than Hamilton County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati