Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 04:04 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,023,338 times

Advertisements

"Cincinnati is once again proving itself impressive, making another list this year of best places to visit."
https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinn...-2019/26683892

Best in Travel 2019: Affordable Places to Visit in 2019 | Money

"Want to learn more about our Cincinnati escape room or other fun things to do in the city?
https://theescapegame.com/cincinnati/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 04:56 AM

Rather than bump up an old travel thread ( Cincinnati receives travel accolades in 2018 ), I'd like to add a new "livability" survey to this thread, in order that any 2019 accolades may be grouped together...
"Cincinnati is moving up among the nation's best places to live, according to a new ranking."
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna..._news_headline

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

An additional note, appearing in both articles, is that visitors were appreciative of our new streetcar, the CINCINNATI BELL CONNECTOR. I'm pleased to hear such positive feedback from outsiders.

Last edited by Yac; 03-14-2019 at 02:06 AM..

Old 03-11-2019, 10:20 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
No surprise here; Cincy’s a great weekend visit city, especially and obviously in warm weather months.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:10 AM

Recently, the Business Journal featured a Cincinnati comeback story. I've linked the entire article immediately below and isolated the particular segment that most interested me beneath the line - it's another national magazine's slant on the Queen City.
"Five things you need to know today and a Cincinnati comeback story"
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna..._news_headline
__________________________________________________ _________________________

"Forbes joins the bandwagon

'Cincinnati ranks among top summer travel destinations' (May 2019)

'Cincinnati regains top spot among cities for new college grads' (April 2019)

'Cincinnati ranks among most affordable cities to live and work' (March 2019)

'Cincinnati leaps ahead on list of nation's best places to live' (March 2019)

'Cincinnati ranks among 10 best places in U.S. to visit in 2019' (March 2019)

'Cincinnati named 'absolute best model for startup success' (February 2019)

'Cincinnati ranks among top U.S. cities for arts lovers' (January 2019)

'Cincinnati lands among New York Times' top 10 places to visit in 2018' (January 2018)

"Are you detecting a trend here? The Queen City is white hot, and the world has taken note. Cincinnati has loudly established itself as a destination city.

"So when the esteemed Forbes magazine comes out with an article this week titled 'Cincinnati: A Great American City Roars Back,' do locals even notice or do we take these national accolades for granted at this point?
Perhaps. But I submit it is still worth taking a moment to smell the roses, appreciate the recognition and celebrate the great things happening in our region. We who call Cincinnati home have much to celebrate. This doesn't get old. And 'Blink Cincinnati is only four months away.'"

Old 06-09-2019, 09:04 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
I don't know about all that, but there have been so many changes for the better over the last decade! My company recently moved downtown...that in itself says something...but, Smale Park. Good god, it is full of activity and people every single day. There are pickup ultimate frisbee games happening, dozens of kids running around, and people enjoying themselves everywhere. I'm pretty involved with things around the City, but the constant activity at the river front seems to grow every day. It is really something.

I remember I used to think, geez, there are 2 million people in the region and yet this City is a ghost town. Really, a lot has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: