U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 AM

315 posts, read 651,672 times
Mircea, Your right....also before the Bob Braun show there was a show called the Ruth Lyons show, Bob was her sidekick..when she quit then it became his show. Bonnie Lou was on all the shows I think, there was also Maryln Spellman. Now I am really feeling old.!! Ruth Lyons was the one who started the toy fund for Childrens Hospital. I remember the doll I got when I was in there 50 yrs ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 09:00 PM

261 posts, read 393,072 times
i remember that show

Old 03-03-2009, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,874 times
Just wanted to let everyone on this post know, Uncle Al Lewis passed away on Feb 28, 2009

Old 03-03-2009, 01:29 PM

261 posts, read 393,072 times
i read about it how sad.. don't know what he died from

Old 03-03-2009, 10:16 PM

3,716 posts, read 5,716,861 times
Here's the link to the Enquirer article:
Kids' TV icon 'Uncle Al' dies | Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com

Old 04-04-2009, 10:29 PM

19 posts, read 54,820 times
Default What street in Watch Hill did they live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
Who remembers Uncle Al & Captain Wendy ?? When we lived in Stratford Manor they came to the neighborhood and all of us kids went wild.
I remember driving by it as a kid hoping that Al or his daughters would be outside. They never were.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 AM

3 posts, read 6,107 times
Default tv in cincinnati

from the time I can remember, my Mom watched The Paul Dixon show every day-no matter what. I can still remember the day he died, I felt like I had lost a grandparent. I watch reruns on you tube, and laugh..boy the comments he got awayit!

Does anyone remember Virginia Bakery's Butterscotch gems? I've searched the internet for the recipe. My boyfriend has very treasured memeories of them. Help?

Old 09-26-2009, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,613 times
Default Uncle Al

I was sitting here and my friend asked if i used to watch Captain Kangaroo, and suddenly remembered Uncle Al and Captain Windy... OMG I had forgotten all about that. I grew up in Mariemont, OH in the late 60's/early 70s. I always remembered her flying but googled and couldn't find a picture and thought i might be crazy until i read this thread! PRICELESS!
I also have a faint recollection of them giving away Barq's Rootbeer if you could spell Barq's... but you HAD to remember the apostrophe! The other stories are hilarious too! Thanks everyone!

Last edited by mrmark; 09-26-2009 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: removed font coding

Old 09-26-2009, 08:45 AM

12,393 posts, read 9,368,610 times
My parents have a place out near Hillsboro where we'd go in the summer, and apparently Uncle Al and Captain Wendy lived out there as well. As a kid it made it worth being dragged to Mass if you got to shake hands with Uncle Al.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,132,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark View Post
I was sitting here and my friend asked if i used to watch Captain Kangaroo, and suddenly remembered Uncle Al and Captain Windy... OMG I had forgotten all about that. I grew up in Mariemont, OH in the late 60's/early 70s. I always remembered her flying but googled and couldn't find a picture and thought i might be crazy until i read this thread! PRICELESS!
I also have a faint recollection of them giving away Barq's Rootbeer if you could spell Barq's... but you HAD to remember the apostrophe! The other stories are hilarious too! Thanks everyone!
Google is your friend:
YouTube - Uncle Al Lewis 1926-2009 R.I.P.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati