Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2007, 02:12 AM

9 posts, read 43,106 times

Advertisements

Little background info... I live in a little town by warren in N.E. Ohio. Lived here all my life except for 1yr (about 1 1/2 - 2yrs ago?) when I was living in Xenia. Didnt have a job while down there (by choice). Id go from Xenia to West Chester and Fairfield alot, almost everyday. Visited Cincy a couple times. I really like it there, but how is the job field in manufacturing/production? Ive worked in factory's for the past couple years, and would like to continue doing that. Up here in my area, theres nothing really around. GM, Delphi, and Kraftmaid are all laying people off. Other than those "big name" company's, theres not really any where else to work that will pay good.

So anyways... Id like to move back down to the Cincy area, but dont know how the factory work is and how many options I have. I dont have any family or friends down there to stay with, so it'll be hard.

Also, Im into sports. Bengals and Reds are my 2 favorite teams. Been to 1 Reds game in Cincy, and seen the Bengals play up in Cleveland. Id luv to get season tickets for the Bengals, and see the Reds whenever I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 10:27 AM

9 posts, read 43,106 times
No edit button?

P&G is in Cincy, but its just the office building right? Not actual production work correct?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:52 PM

51 posts, read 284,558 times
Used to live in Cincy myself for 9 yrs.....P&G does have some production in Cincy not sure exactly what products or if they are hiring. I would check cincinnati.com for job postings. There should be more to choose from than you have up there....Been to Warren, OH once in my career on business and I dont recall it being a place I was enamored with I'm a Bengals and Reds fan myself so I sometimes miss being so close to go to a Reds game on the spur of the moment. I'm only 90 miles away so I still get to go at least once a yr....Go Reds in '07!

Old 01-08-2007, 06:03 PM

976 posts, read 3,861,555 times
^I am really looking forward to go to some Reds games this year. The Bengals games have been a blast. Even though i am from Pittsburgh and i am a Steeler fan it has been fun. I really enjoy living in Cincinnati.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:15 PM

884 posts, read 2,642,395 times
TheGame
Try the temp agencies like Manpower, Belcan etc for production jobs. P& G contracts exclusively through temp agencies and the most you'll make is $10hr. There is a place in Fairfield called QuickPak that constantly hires. Sadly these jobs are based on the demand of the line and what needs labeling/packing. When that work dries up you could get let go of until they call you back up. One word of caution is that there are LOTS of illegals working these jobs (undertable pay) it is sad because last year I was out of work and thought I could go someplace and stuff boxes or whatever. When I went to the agency they immediately sent the mexican man out to work and told me they would give me a call.

Also try O'Gara Hess in Fairfield. They are ALWAYS hiring. They make Humvees' for the Govt. I don't think they have a lot of illegals there.

Your best bet is to go back to school and get some type of skilled trade or even a degree. Don't think that you are too old. Production/Manufacturing jobs are either drying up, going overseas or just don't exist. Regardless of age there will always be a need for mechanics, plummers, HVAC etc..If you have been laid off there are programs to get you retrained for a better paying field.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:49 PM

187 posts, read 918,770 times
Default Liars never prevail

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer1708 View Post
^I am really looking forward to go to some Reds games this year. The Bengals games have been a blast. Even though i am from Pittsburgh and i am a Steeler fan it has been fun. I really enjoy living in Cincinnati.
Paintballer,

You don't live in Cincinnati so you should probably stop lying and misleading people. We have already been down this road and you admitted during a previous conversation that you DO NOT live in Cincinnati, instead you reside in Durmont, PA. That is why you resigned as Moderator, correct?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati