U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:09 AM

116 posts, read 194,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
Okay - so I am new to the area (moved down here last year) and my husband and I want a GOOD smash-burger. You know - the type where they take a tiny little ball of ground beef -then smash it on the grill. Usually at these types of places you can get "singles, doubles, triples, quads and quints"..

In ann arbor - the place was Blimpys (awesome greasy thin little burgers). In chicago its the Billy Goat Grill/Tavern (place "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger" SNL skit was based on)

Where is the place here?

Not sonic, not any other chain.. just some nice dive burger joint that will make me a triple with american cheese and some fresh fried onion rings!

Oh - I'm in lebanon and work in Westchester - but my husband and I have no problem going into the city - so anywhere in the metro Cinci area is open for suggestion!

Thanks!

Zips is the best ..In Mt Lookout area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisman View Post
Beluga, next to Arthur's, serves wonderful sushi, sashimi and other seafood.

There's also an incredible Asian restaurant between Hyde Park Square and Rookwood called Wild Ginger; recipes there are from such nations as Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Burma, Thailand, South China and Vietnam. It's located across the street from Penn Station, at Wasson and Edwards Rd.

Briolat ... Arthur's probably serves the best burgers in the city, especially Sun./Mon./Tues. with "burger madness." I'm also a fan of those served by Chicago Gyros (had their swiss and mushroom burger today) and Molly Malone's Irish Pub in Pleasant Ridge.

If coffee's your thing Pleasant Perk is on the same block as Molly's. If you go for Arthur's in Hyde Park, be sure to visit Awakenings Coffeehouse around the corner on the square.

Cincy-Rise ... insofar as Italian food is concerned, need I say anything more than Campanello's?
My problem with Beluga (and believe me, it is great sushi) is that sushi shouldn't be so expensive!!!

There is a new Thai place (I am sorry, I forgot the name) on Tylorsville Rd in West Chester directly across from the Cone.

Bacall's on Hamilton Ave still serves up a mean meat loaf or great hamburgers.

Through the Garden (on Kenwood) is good

And a hole in the wall with great pub food is The Crooked Nail on 42 in West Chester

Someone mentioned Greek...Nothing great in Cincy..But on Sat and Sun Angelos on Winton near Galbraith and Cross County has Greek specials...Very good.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exrvi View Post

Sturkey's was also great, but has closed.
Paul and Pam opened an upscale place called Mesh It is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:32 PM

21 posts, read 66,527 times
I'm a huge fan of a lot of the Hyde Park eateries...Lemon Grass and Wild Ginger are great for some Asian cuisine, and then down on the square Arthurs and Indigo are ones I LOVE. At Arthurs I recommend the black bean burger...even if you aren't a vegetarian, it's the best veggie burger I've ever had. Actually satisfying and delicious.

And...you can't forget the Echo for breakfast! Their Glier's German Greats breakfast is exactly what I want after a late night on the town.

Indian food abounds...I love Baba India in Oakley and Anbar India in Clifton.

Speaking of Oakley...Kona Bistro is one of my very favorite restaurants in Cincinnati. Across from 20th Century Theatre in Oakley Square, definitely check it out.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:29 PM

7,136 posts, read 10,673,737 times
Bacall's in College Hill - Hamilton Avenue
Blue Ash Chili - Kenwood Road (great double deckers)
Montgomery Inn in Montgomery - Montgomery Road (great ribs)
Through the Garden in Blue Ash - Kenwood Road
The Silver Wok in Blue Ash- Kenwood Road (cute little Chinese joint)
Barressi's in Deer Park - Webster Ave. (fabulous, but pricey Italian food)
The Grand Finale in Glendale - Sharon Road (incredible homemade desserts)
The Village Kitchen in Mariemont - Wooster Pike
Las Portales in Montgomery - Montgomery Road (Mexican)
Toot's in Symmes - Montgomery Road (fried pickles - an experience)
Trio's near Kenwood Towne Centre
The Golden Lamb in downtown Lebanon - very historic and quaint
Dee Felice Cafe - Covington, Ky
The Green Derby - Newport, Ky
Echo in Hyde Park
Arthur's Cafe in Hyde park - Edwards Road (best neighborhood restaurant)
Graeter's all over town - terrific homemade ice cream
Aglamesis Brothers - Montgomery Road (homemade ice cream and candy)

Now I'm hungry!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 PM

252 posts, read 860,317 times
No one has mentioned PIZZA...

my vote is for Italianette, two locations, one in Silverton on Plainfield Rd, and one in Madisonville on Plainville Rd, great pizza

Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 PM

I still like Deweys, any location

and Richards in Fairfield on Nilles. Richards still makes the best ever steak hogies.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:50 AM

1,055 posts, read 3,562,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincylifer View Post
No one has mentioned PIZZA...

my vote is for Italianette, two locations, one in Silverton on Plainfield Rd, and one in Madisonville on Plainville Rd, great pizza
I voted for Martinos earlier in the thread..they are located on Short Vine in Corryville. I LOVE their pizza. Great crust and a unique sauce that I tell them they should jar and sell. Plus the sandwiches...a Philly Steak is awesome but also their soups..the Italian wedding soup is my fav. Whenever I take someone down there, they are hooked. Only bad thing is the family is from Pittsburgh so they brought all their Steeler pride with them...I know Cincy has its fair share of Steelers fans and that place is packed on game days. I just really like the place and found it very comfortable and different from a lot of places in Cincy. But try their pizza!

Old 07-02-2008, 06:52 AM

31,199 posts, read 57,331,348 times
Pizza ... Italianette for takeout; Mio's if dining in. I like Dewey's, too; that Green Lantern pizza is to die for.

Is Pomodori on McMillan still open? That was some yummy pizza.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:11 AM

2,868 posts, read 8,447,977 times
Price Hill Chilli

It is owned by a Greek Family and I know they offer some Greek food. I have never eaten the Greek food there but,,,I have heard it is great...

We usually go for breakfast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati