U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 PM

3,652 posts, read 6,725,154 times

Advertisements

My favorite spot is the City View Tavern on Oregon St in Mt. Adams. Great view, good burgers, cold beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 07:31 AM

51 posts, read 143,449 times
Kyoto in Loveland/Field Ertel area has great sushi and EXTREMELY reasonably priced.

I love Thai Cafe on Ludlow (the drunken noodle is toe curling good); Bai Fern in Montgomery has some wonderful fish, about 4-5 red snapper dishes. Get the one with the crispy, sauteed basil leaves. Everytime I go in on a Monday or Tuesday, they are sold out of it because so many patrons order it over the weekend.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the gyro place in Price Hill... Sebastian's. The gyros are quite good, although I am, by no means, an expert on Greek food. Rombes in Blue Ash also has pretty good gyros.

Somebody upthread mentioned Song Long. My husband enjoys eating there, but I was mildly meh about it. The pho needed to be a bit warmer and the buon thit nuong (noodles with pork) was cold and dry. I have heard really great things from others though, so maybe it was just bad on the slow lunch hour I happened to go.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:05 PM

116 posts, read 195,021 times
Default How about favorite Rib joints?

Pit to Plate on Hamilton Ave in Mt Healthy is our favorite.

(As stated in another thread, I don't like Walts or Rib's King...Too sweet and too wet with sauce. So that must make me a bad Cincinnatian )

Old 07-07-2008, 07:00 AM

31,223 posts, read 57,365,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
My favorite spot is the City View Tavern on Oregon St in Mt. Adams. Great view, good burgers, cold beer.
Best barbecue, too.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:33 PM

526 posts, read 1,260,426 times
About the best meal I ever had was at Jeff Ruby's downtown... the steak they served is still a fond memory of mine. The food's quality is matched by the service and ambiance of the restaurant - a complete package. It is not for the faint of bank account but well worth it for a special meal.

As a longtime Westsider, I am a bit aggrevated at the lack of quality eating establishments currently here. I just tried the new Poppy's steak and sushi restaraunt that is now located in what was Dante's.... not bad.. I give it a B+.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:36 PM

4,730 posts, read 10,944,114 times
TD, I've thrown out this question but nobody's picked it up yet: Are the rumors that Maury's Tiny Cove has closed, or is about to close, true? It's enough of a shock that there's talk of tearing down Western Bowl.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:38 AM

31,223 posts, read 57,365,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
It's enough of a shock that there's talk of tearing down Western Bowl.
Isn't just the mere thought of redeveloping that property close to sacrilege?

Old 07-08-2008, 07:04 PM

526 posts, read 1,260,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
TD, I've thrown out this question but nobody's picked it up yet: Are the rumors that Maury's Tiny Cove has closed, or is about to close, true? It's enough of a shock that there's talk of tearing down Western Bowl.
I have not heard that rumor (Maury's) closing down. That would be a shame! Maury's along with Habigs and the Window Garden made Westwood/Cheviot memorable. Seems like the only type of restaurant they want to open up is TGI Fridays or Applebees - fine establishments as they are, they lack the tradition that the other restaurants have/(or had).

As for Western Bowl -- it's a definate possibility; the neighborhood is changing, the smoking ban is not helping.

But keeping with the topic of this thread, the Cancun Restaurant currently at Western Bowl serves excellent Mexian food and is VERY reasonable.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,227,635 times
Can I show a little 'soul-food' love here, fellow posters? I wanted to cast a 'vote' for Alabama Fish...I lived here once before in the late 90's, and if Alabama's had a Gold Card, they most likely would have given me one LOL...all they do is serve fried fish (perch, cod, whiting, etc) and side orders of peppers and onions wrapped in wax paper, with bread on the side as well, served 'old school' style in paper bags...there's usually a LONG line there at lunch hour, so they must be doing something right after all these years...another 'vote' for Rachel's in Roselawn...I've had some top-notch soul-food dinners there...and a nostalgia vote for a nameless place downtown near Fountain Square, next to Fountain News, that served up great brats, metts, and plain ol' hotdogs when yours truly used to work at Fifth Third HQ back in the day :-)

Old 07-09-2008, 10:46 AM

116 posts, read 195,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post

But keeping with the topic of this thread, the Cancun Restaurant currently at Western Bowl serves excellent Mexican food and is VERY reasonable.
There is also a Cancun Restaurant on Hamilton/pleasant Ave near Kemper, just south of Fairfield. Excellent Mexican food!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati