U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 03:22 PM

3,758 posts, read 7,525,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Anyone been to Ollie's Trolley lately?
When I lived there, Ollie's Trolley was next to Red Foxx Grill across from P&G. I used to go there all the time. I loved it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 10:24 AM

4,730 posts, read 10,931,493 times
That Trolley is long gone and much missed. Rumor has it one still exists somewhere in Covington. The Ollie's in Lexington that I haunted while taking summer courses at UK is also only a memory. In Louisville, one survives and thrives along South 3rd St on the fringe of downtown. What a rush to chow down on one of those yummy burgers and gobble some of their never-duplicated spicy fries once more, when I was in Loovull last April.

People talk about, and media make much of, an "alleged" Ollie's Trolley in the West End that's either on Linn St or Liberty or perhaps where they intersect. From what I can discern, only the name's the same. The "real" Ollie's Trolleys don't do greens or deep-fried turkey or any other soul food. (Deep-fried turkey, huh? Gotta be an acquired taste.) It may be good eatin' and probably is, but the burgers and spicy fries that folks pine for apparently aren't on the menu.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:09 PM

710 posts, read 2,648,678 times
Deep fried turkey is great, the ollie's trolley is on liberty

Old 07-14-2008, 06:38 AM

1,055 posts, read 3,561,254 times
God I would love a place to eat with a Trolley in our neighborhood!

Old 01-04-2009, 06:21 PM

7,649 posts, read 5,404,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
Are there any good Greek restaurants (no cinci chili) that are not simply gyro fast food and/or geared towards late night college students? I would love to find a good one!!
We found a great Greek restaurant..Not quite in Cincy, it's in Liberty Township

Greek Isles or here (http://www.journal-news.com/n/content/oh/story/news/business/2007/07/11/pjw071207greekisles.html - broken link) or here

We've eaten there 4-5 times. (In fact, last night) Everything is very good, from full meals and platters to sandwiches.

We love it. It's worth the drive.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:32 PM

4,730 posts, read 10,931,493 times
When I was back in da Nati for the holidays, I noticed a proliferation of places called "Mythos" downtown. Gotta be Greek - but how's the food?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:10 AM

189 posts, read 600,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
Okay - so I am new to the area (moved down here last year) and my husband and I want a GOOD smash-burger. You know - the type where they take a tiny little ball of ground beef -then smash it on the grill. Usually at these types of places you can get "singles, doubles, triples, quads and quints"..

In ann arbor - the place was Blimpys (awesome greasy thin little burgers). In chicago its the Billy Goat Grill/Tavern (place "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger" SNL skit was based on)

Where is the place here?

Thanks!
There are some good burger joints in the area, but I don't know of anyplace that makes a "smashburger".

Old 01-06-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisman View Post
I'm an adamant fan of Lenhardt's but the Christy's bit sees quite the copious number of college students which leads many past their twenties to complain about the atmosphere. My only personal complaint is that imported beer is served in plastic cups. What the heck?
Christy {daughter of the owners of Lenhardt's} has taken over the entire business. The menu in the restaurant has changed to bar food, sandwiches and a few lone German/Hungarian dinners. The first weekend of every month, Christy's parents come back in & cook for what is called "Schnitzel Weekend". If you are going, I recommend trying to go the first weekend!

Here is a link to the menu Christy's and Lenhardts

Sandwiches and bar food on pg. 1~
Christy's and Lenhardts

As for Mecklenburg's, I think they are good, albeit overpriced.
Mecklenburg Gardens: A Cincinnati Tradition Since 1865, German Food, Beer, and Entertainment in Cincinnati, Ohio

Old 01-06-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staliz77 View Post
Speaking of Oakley...Kona Bistro is one of my very favorite restaurants in Cincinnati. Across from 20th Century Theatre in Oakley Square, definitely check it out.
FYI~
Kona Bistro closed on Dec. 31, 2008, citing the economic downturn.

They have another location in Oxford, OH, that remains open.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Is Pomodori on McMillan still open? That was some yummy pizza.
YES!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati