U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:38 AM

189 posts, read 601,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
I voted for Martinos earlier in the thread..they are located on Short Vine in Corryville. I LOVE their pizza. Great crust and a unique sauce that I tell them they should jar and sell. Plus the sandwiches...a Philly Steak is awesome but also their soups..the Italian wedding soup is my fav. Whenever I take someone down there, they are hooked. Only bad thing is the family is from Pittsburgh so they brought all their Steeler pride with them...I know Cincy has its fair share of Steelers fans and that place is packed on game days. I just really like the place and found it very comfortable and different from a lot of places in Cincy. But try their pizza!
Hartwell Girl~

I also go to Martino's on a regular basis. Good food, and great service by the whole Angiulli family.

At the current time, their Tuesday night special is "Make Your Own Pizza". They give you a pre-made crust & they have a toppings bar, then give it to your server & they send it to the kitchen to bake - $4.99!

They have other specials, too. Wednesday is Burger Night. $4.99 {?} for a burger w/choice of cheese, fries & a draft beer or soda, with a toppings bar. And one night, they have all you can eat spaghetti.

This place is definitely worth checking out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 AM

2,204 posts, read 5,847,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozycue520 View Post
Hartwell Girl~

I also go to Martino's on a regular basis. Good food, and great service by the whole Angiulli family.

At the current time, their Tuesday night special is "Make Your Own Pizza". They give you a pre-made crust & they have a toppings bar, then give it to your server & they send it to the kitchen to bake - $4.99!

They have other specials, too. Wednesday is Burger Night. $4.99 {?} for a burger w/choice of cheese, fries & a draft beer or soda, with a toppings bar. And one night, they have all you can eat spaghetti.

This place is definitely worth checking out.
Martino's is rumored to be relocating to OTR soon.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Martino's is rumored to be relocating to OTR soon.
I talked to the owners about this. They were surprised I had heard about it. They said they had only looked at a storefront in OTR, on Main St., but when checking out the liquor license and parking options, didn't think it was feasible. They were really surprised the "rumors" went so far, when they had only made an inquiry.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:21 PM

4,730 posts, read 10,946,405 times
Speaking of OTR, does anybody know if Grammer's has actually reopened yet? I rolled past 1440 Walnut recently and it didn't exactly have that look.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:21 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,847,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Speaking of OTR, does anybody know if Grammer's has actually reopened yet? I rolled past 1440 Walnut recently and it didn't exactly have that look.
A friend of mine went a couple of weeks ago and asked me to meet up with him, but I had previous plans ... so as far as I know, yes.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Grammer's was reopened by Martin Wade {a partner in the Jean Robert DeCavel Group}, and it caught on fire!!! Apparently, there were good intentions of opening Grammer's, but...it caught on fire!!

I hope all is well. They are trying to bring it back to it's original grandeur, but, since the fire, it's not been an easy venture.

It was "originallly" owned by Jim Tarbell. Jim Tarbell ran for city council on the platform of revitalizing OTR, because he owned most of it. It was in his best interests.

Revitalization of OTR did not happen during his tenure on city council, so he started selling off his OTR properties. Well, maybe before...

I digress.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:24 AM

Quote:
goyguy,~

Grammer's is reopened, as a bar, not a restaurant. The place caught on fire during "Hurricane Ike" {an ash was caught up in the wind, and landed on the roof.}. Before the fire, it was a bar, not a restaurant. After the fire... still a bar, not a restaurant.

The intention was to open a restaurant, but the fire put a damper on that idea.

Last edited by soozycue520; 01-07-2009 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: changing a drunken opinion

Old 01-07-2009, 04:13 PM

710 posts, read 2,650,858 times
Quote:
Grammer's was reopened by Martin Wade {a partner in the Jean Robert DeCavel Group}, and it caught on fire!!! Apparently, there were good intentions of opening Grammer's, but...it caught on fire!!

I hope all is well. They are trying to bring it back to it's original grandeur, but, since the fire, it's not been an easy venture.

It was "originallly" owned by Jim Tarbell. Jim Tarbell ran for city council on the platform of revitalizing OTR, because he owned most of it. It was in his best interests.

Revitalization of OTR did not happen during his tenure on city council, so he started selling off his OTR properties. Well, maybe before...

I digress.
He owned most of it? I can think of two buildings he owned.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
He owned most of it? I can think of two buildings he owned.
Sorry, I took some "poetic license" in the middle of the night.

I'm pretty sure it was more than two, though.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:16 PM

4,730 posts, read 10,946,405 times
Quote:
the fire put a damper on that idea.
So to speak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati