Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 PM

26 posts, read 103,244 times

Advertisements

Camp Washington Chili. (Camp Washington)
Pleasant Ridge Chili. (Pleasant Ridge)
Quatman Cafe. (Norwood)
Chicago Gyros. (Clifton)
Mound Cafe. (Norwood)
Chili Time. (St. Bernard)
Arthur's. (Hyde Park)

Everyone else? I'm looking for new places to patronize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 04:48 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times
Martinos--Corryville

Old 06-27-2008, 04:49 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
If you have not been to Scotti's on Vine street, you are indeed missing out! My favorite Italian in the region!

Great thread by the way!

Old 06-27-2008, 04:54 PM

3,763 posts, read 12,549,353 times
Okay - so I am new to the area (moved down here last year) and my husband and I want a GOOD smash-burger. You know - the type where they take a tiny little ball of ground beef -then smash it on the grill. Usually at these types of places you can get "singles, doubles, triples, quads and quints"..

In ann arbor - the place was Blimpys (awesome greasy thin little burgers). In chicago its the Billy Goat Grill/Tavern (place "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger" SNL skit was based on)

Where is the place here?

Not sonic, not any other chain.. just some nice dive burger joint that will make me a triple with american cheese and some fresh fried onion rings!

Oh - I'm in lebanon and work in Westchester - but my husband and I have no problem going into the city - so anywhere in the metro Cinci area is open for suggestion!

Thanks!

Old 06-27-2008, 05:00 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
Okay - so I am new to the area (moved down here last year) and my husband and I want a GOOD smash-burger. You know - the type where they take a tiny little ball of ground beef -then smash it on the grill. Usually at these types of places you can get "singles, doubles, triples, quads and quints"..

In ann arbor - the place was Blimpys (awesome greasy thin little burgers). In chicago its the Billy Goat Grill/Tavern (place "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger" SNL skit was based on)

Where is the place here?

Not sonic, not any other chain.. just some nice dive burger joint that will make me a triple with american cheese and some fresh fried onion rings!

Oh - I'm in lebanon and work in Westchester - but my husband and I have no problem going into the city - so anywhere in the metro Cinci area is open for suggestion!

Thanks!

Zip's in Mt Lookout. Really good burgers, kind of a pub atmosphere.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:10 PM

205 posts, read 984,496 times
Pompilio's and the Green Derby in Newport come to mind.

Also, what was that deli restaurant on Montgomery Rd in Silverton - possibly the Marathon? Not sure if it's still there or not but they were serving great meat and cheese sandwiches way back in the 60's.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:57 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
Zip's in Mt Lookout. Really good burgers, kind of a pub atmosphere.
Yes! Zip's is amazing! What, haven't they been open for like a hundred years?

Also, Arthur's on Hyde Park Square has an amazing burger (all of this burger talk is making me want to curb my no-beef/ground beef diet )

Here's Cincy-Rise's list:

Best German - Black Forest
Best Indian - Ambar India
Best Italian - Scotti's
Best Thai - Teak
Best Chili - Skyline (can't help it ... runner up: Camp Washington)
Best Korean - Riverside (however I haven't tried the new place on 7th & Elm yet)
Best Japanese - Ko-sho (Is it still open? I haven't been there in a while)
Best Dessert - Black Raspberry Chip (Greaters on Ludlow)
Best Mexican - Rio Granda/Grand Fiesta (tie)
Best Seafood - Im not sure ... Can someone else recommend one for me?

Hope this helps, Briolat21!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Best Seafood - Im not sure ... Can someone else recommend one for me?
Beluga, next to Arthur's, serves wonderful sushi, sashimi and other seafood.

There's also an incredible Asian restaurant between Hyde Park Square and Rookwood called Wild Ginger; recipes there are from such nations as Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Burma, Thailand, South China and Vietnam. It's located across the street from Penn Station, at Wasson and Edwards Rd.

Briolat ... Arthur's probably serves the best burgers in the city, especially Sun./Mon./Tues. with "burger madness." I'm also a fan of those served by Chicago Gyros (had their swiss and mushroom burger today) and Molly Malone's Irish Pub in Pleasant Ridge.

If coffee's your thing Pleasant Perk is on the same block as Molly's. If you go for Arthur's in Hyde Park, be sure to visit Awakenings Coffeehouse around the corner on the square.

Cincy-Rise ... insofar as Italian food is concerned, need I say anything more than Campanello's?

Last edited by Whisman; 06-27-2008 at 06:38 PM..

Old 06-27-2008, 08:43 PM

Addition to the last part of my previous post: Betta's Italian Oven on Montgomery Rd. in Norwood, not too far from Xavier.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:10 PM

455 posts, read 1,884,803 times
Default Greek??

Are there any good Greek restaurants (no cinci chili) that are not simply gyro fast food and/or geared towards late night college students? I would love to find a good one!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati