U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:27 PM

5 posts, read 11,168 times

Advertisements

And for we Covington boyz, there was the Madison and Liberty Theatres... Back in the day, we'd go see an afternoon matinee, then visit one of the chili parlors that were selling Cheese Coneys for .10 each.. This was back when White Castles were .06 each, and my dad would complain to the manager of Frisch's after our five person family dined in and the bill was (aghast!) $3.75.. I'll never forget how mad he was (this was the early 60's)..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:36 AM

7,136 posts, read 10,673,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musikman1 View Post
You wrote: They also showed these extended Larry Smith skits between movies . . . not involving Hattie the Witch and company, but other puppets acting out songs. I remember one where a female puppet would say "John!" and then a male puppet would say "Marsha!" over and over. Or another one where two puppets were drinking champagne and laughing.

That was a replay off the LP of a Mike Nichols and Elaine May parody, it was called "The Doctor."
I remember the John and Marsha skits! Thanks for the memories.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:37 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,553,686 times
Bla, bla, blablablablablallba. (Cool Ghoul's laugh for those who may not remember)

Old 05-23-2010, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,912 times
Default great!!!!!!!!!

i remeber when bob shreve had the all nite movie in dayton

pity something can't be done to honor mr. shreve.

i wish i could find the "wella well" soundtrack

Old 06-01-2010, 09:52 AM

10 posts, read 24,835 times
Man! What memories! This has been a fun thread to read!

Growing up in Finneytown I used to walk to "Duke's Pony Keg", as a teenager used to go to the "Mt Healthy Drive In", and mom shopped at Alber's or Kroger(s). I remember spending days going Downtown with the folks to shop at McAlpins and Shilito's. Mom would also shop at the Shilito's Warehouse on Winton Rd. near Spring Grove.

My dad worked as an artist at WCPO during some of the 'Uncle Al' years. It wasn't Al didn't like kids, Al was just an angry guy most of the time it seemed. I would go with my dad to the station at times and I remember "Uncle Al" always upset about something. I did get to be on the show at times when they needed "filler kids" in the audience. Also got to be an "actor" in a commercial along with my aunt for the 'Len Mink' show. There's a name no one has mentioned yet... LOL

Can't think of a place I would have rather grown up in the 60's / 70's than Cincinnati.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:43 PM

400 posts, read 935,634 times
Default larry smith questions

I have three Larry Smith questions that I have never found the answer to:
1. When was Bobby Sherman on? I've asked at several Bobby Sherman sites and no one seems to know the answer with the actual date. I do remember watching it!
2. What was Nasty Old Thing's theme song? I am wanting both the title and artist.
3. There was one Halloween/October where Hattie was planning "something" and it "worked" and it affected not just the Magic Forest but also Rudy and Teaser. It seemed like the episodes went on for weeks, kind of like a preschool puppet soap opera.

Oh, and I was on Skipper Ryle, but my Internet name has nothing whatsoever to do with him and/or Alan Hale. I remember being on the show with my cousins, but I haven't a clue when it was (1966 maybe?). All I remember is that I was fine when it was just the other kids around, but whenever one of the adults or people in costumes came on stage, I got scared and went back in the audience to sit with my mom and aunt.

It was because of Channel 19's early days that I developed my first TV obsession. When 19 came on the air in 1968, when I was in second grade, it aired reruns of The Flintstones at 6 p.m. every weekday evening. I don't remember watching the series when it aired in prime time on ABC, but I got hooked on the series in the late 60s. It was the first series I was addicted to, and it still is one of my all-time favorite TV shows. Some of the jokes I didn't learn the reasoning for until I was in my teens or even in college! But I can now "do" The Flintstones the way others can do "Star Trek" or "Lost," which I realize is incredibly scary....

Old 06-03-2010, 07:50 PM

246 posts, read 882,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
2. What was Nasty Old Thing's theme song? I am wanting both the title and artist.
I think you're referring to "Mah Nà Mah Nà," (catchy title, eh?) by Piero Umiliani. . . .

Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 PM

And more Larry Smith pictures than you could ever want to see are located at:

Larry Smith TRIBUTE PAGE's Photos - Puppet Hub

Old 06-03-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
1. When was Bobby Sherman on? I've asked at several Bobby Sherman sites and no one seems to know the answer with the actual date. I do remember watching it!
OK, it's a slow night. And it's fun to research this stuff.

You can read about Bobby's date with Pixie the Witch here:

BOOKSTEVE'S LIBRARY: Pixie the Witch Meets Bobby Sherman

Old 06-03-2010, 11:07 PM

4,730 posts, read 10,938,347 times
"Ohhhh Julie Julie Julie do ya love me?" MAKE IT STOP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati