Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:09 PM

29 posts, read 135,576 times

Advertisements

I remember Bob and his rubber chicken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 03:38 PM

2 posts, read 11,968 times
Red face Cool Ghoul, Larry Smith, Uncle Al

SunnyDee I remember all of these characters! I would LOVE to see some old reruns of Cool Ghool and Bob Shreve. Especially Bob Shreve, he was hilarious! Oh, and to Mikey1003... you heard right; Uncle Al didn't like kids too much; my grandma was a waitress at an establishment that he frequented in Mt Washington back in the day, and well.... let's just say he had some less than pleasant pet names for the kids that loved him and his show!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:22 PM

29 posts, read 135,576 times
are you talking about the Bob Shreve that was on the all night show .i used to stay up and watch the all night movies .He had that rubber chicken

Old 08-01-2008, 03:38 PM

116 posts, read 304,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda lykins View Post
are you talking about the Bob Shreve that was on the all night show .i used to stay up and watch the all night movies .He had that rubber chicken
That would be him

or him

OR
Sunday, July 4, 2004 Late TV host Shreve thriving on the 'Net By Jim Knippenberg
Enquirer staff writer

Television people never die, they are just reborn all over the Internet.

Witness the case of local TV great Bob Shreve, who died in 1990, but is alive and well on two fan sites.

Shreve is best remembered for hosting the almost all-night Past Prime Playhouse, a program that ran 1966-85 and showed really bad movies. But everyone watched because of Shreve's one-liners and the incredibly bizarre things he did on the air, from gags with his rubber chicken to his semi-obscene pop-up tie.

The popular belief at the time was that he had a few sips of brew between his segments and that the show got better - lots better - as the evening wore on. If you want to relive the Shreve experience:

• tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/shrevefans/ was founded in June of 2003 and now has a slew of members sharing photos and actively engaging in chats about Shreve memories and stunts. It's a busy site, with 252 messages in the past seven days alone. You have to register to use it, but once you do you have access to the chat, photos and Shreve's hand-written notes.
Bob Shreve's Past Prime Playhouse was also founded in 2003, this one with the approval and cooperation of Bob Shreve Jr., who takes questions from members in a feature called "Ask Bob Jr."

Old 08-02-2008, 07:24 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Sparrow Lay View Post
SunnyDee I remember all of these characters! I would LOVE to see some old reruns of Cool Ghool and Bob Shreve. Especially Bob Shreve, he was hilarious! Oh, and to Mikey1003... you heard right; Uncle Al didn't like kids too much; my grandma was a waitress at an establishment that he frequented in Mt Washington back in the day, and well.... let's just say he had some less than pleasant pet names for the kids that loved him and his show!
LOL! I was never an Uncle Al fan, but the other local talent was great!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:19 AM

204 posts, read 744,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Sparrow Lay View Post
WXIX is doing some 40th anniversary repeats of some classics this month, such as Larry Smith & the Cool Ghoul.

It's WXIX's birthday | Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com

Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 AM

Here's another link, with some Hattie video toward the bottom of the page.

Also pics, etc.

FOX19.com and FOX19 News, weather, traffic, and sports for Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky | FOX19 Time Capsule 1968-1971

Old 08-06-2008, 07:47 AM

148 posts, read 611,113 times
Default Local tv

You guys have ressurected some fond memories of old local tv...I lived in Richmond Indiana, so I picked up stations from Indy to Cinci...I was a kid when Bob Shreeve was on PPP, and I look back and he must of had a boozing every show, that chicken was hilarious...The Kool Ghoul on Saturday afternoons was great, watching all those old Gamara monster movies...Roller Derby out of Cinci, Wrestling out of Dayton, the Dayton Gems, the Cinci Royals, the old red machine, the Indiana Pacers back when they were ABA, remember the old Royals point guard, he was like 5ft tall...I remember George McGinnis on the Pacers, great player...

Out of Indy you had Janie, Cowboy Bob....Both local cartoon shows...

Dayton wrestling had Bobo Brazil, and so many others...Indy wrestling had Dick, the most dangerous man in the world, the Bruiser, and his brother the Crusher...GREAT TV....Not like today...I remember seeing Nick Clooney on channel 12 out of Cincy...I guess I could go on and on....Its awesome....

Old 08-06-2008, 09:42 AM

Does anyone remember the "Kwik Brothers" from the King Kwik commercials? "Ice is nice". Mike Tangi played both the brothers.

Tangi Publishing

Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 AM

116 posts, read 304,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soozycue520 View Post
Does anyone remember the "Kwik Brothers" from the King Kwik commercials? "Ice is nice". Mike Tangi played both the brothers.

Tangi Publishing
Who could forget?? Great commercials...Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati