Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 03:15 PM

71 posts, read 228,581 times

Advertisements

Although I was not accustomed to playing with dolls, I do recall that doll you mentioned and I was taken back as a young boy on that hair technique.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 08:59 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,631,863 times
The Brewer Cote dog, Pat and Joe's, Bowling for Dollars, and Play it Safe - all good memories.

I still see pony kegs as I drive around town.

What about Skipper Ryle? He always seemed nicer than Uncle Al.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:47 PM

133 posts, read 688,149 times
Farm Front. Used to get up early and all there was to watch was the price of Corn. Now was was TV!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:05 PM

310 posts, read 1,741,731 times
Default Farm Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
Farm Front. Used to get up early and all there was to watch was the price of Corn. Now was was TV!!!
Wow - back to our rural roots. Farm Front must have been the first
thing that came on in the morning - maybe 5:00 a.m.? Channel 5?

Some time around 6:00, there was "Sunrise Semester", which
featured some kind of lecture. On the opposite end of the
broadcast day was "Pageant", just before sign-off. I guess all of
these shows fell into the category of public service.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:27 PM

133 posts, read 688,149 times
I remember sunrise semester. After a half hour of hog bellies and soil temperature I was too comatose to watch it.

I hate to ask, but is Farm Front still on?

Old 09-03-2008, 12:38 AM

4,883 posts, read 13,757,471 times
Suddenly I'm nostalgic for station sign-off's in the wee hours of the morning: the grainy footage of a flag flapping in the breeze while "The Star-Spangled Banner" plays. LOL

Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 PM

107 posts, read 243,484 times
Default Pony Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Suddenly I'm nostalgic for station sign-off's in the wee hours of the morning: the grainy footage of a flag flapping in the breeze while "The Star-Spangled Banner" plays. LOL

Oh my gosh.....I am laughing out loud. All the talk of soil temp, pork bellies.....I remember it all!

Anyone remember the "Redwood Pony Keg" in Kennedy Heights? They were located on Woodford Rd. They used to have the best boiled ham I ever tasted. They actually would cook/bake/whatever the ham in old potato chip cans.

In fact, I recall the pony keg being just across the street from Lt. Art Mehring? He was the helicopter reporter or traffic cop.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:35 PM

69 posts, read 268,069 times
Quote:
PRO WRESTLING IS NOT FAKE!!!
Mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wild Bull Curry. Flying Fred Curry. Chief White Owl. Bobo Brazil. Even a masked "heel" called The Big O. Ladies in one-piece bathing suits clawing at one another's beehives. All broadcast from Cincinnati Gardens, and must-see TV on Saturday afternoons. (Except when it was banned as punishment for practicing headlocks and dropkicks on sibling victims.)
The Bargain City Kid was Hy Ulner who owned Rinks. He had a great sense of humor. He sponsored the wrestling, as well as, I think, Shock Theater. One time when they were doing their Rink's commercial, the Sheik came on and actually broke his arm.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:29 AM

267 posts, read 718,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
and Hattie the witch?
i remember the cool ghoul, uncle al and capt wendy
i think in 73 northgate had hattie the witch i remember camera lights

Old 11-09-2008, 09:33 AM

267 posts, read 718,890 times
Quote:
PRO WRESTLING IS NOT FAKE!!!
Mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wild Bull Curry. Flying Fred Curry. Chief White Owl. Bobo Brazil. Even a masked "heel" called The Big O. Ladies in one-piece bathing suits clawing at one another's beehives. All broadcast from Cincinnati Gardens, and must-see TV on Saturday afternoons. (Except when it was banned as punishment for practicing headlocks and dropkicks on sibling victims.)
if it wasn't for them and ric flair... there wouldn't be triple h
hulk hogan ect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati