U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 07:57 AM

246 posts, read 882,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Anyhoo, this is all off-topic for Cincinnati television, unless we can add some beer commercials into the mix.
OK, let's have a question about Cincinnati Beer Commercials for 40. Name the "Laugh-In" comedian who made a series of spots for Hudy Delight in the early 1970s.

Ten extra points if you can remember the "tag line" for these commercials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 05:38 PM

116 posts, read 194,728 times
I love Youtube, Couldn't find the laugh in commercial but found these:
YouTube - Hudepohl Brewing Commercial "Lady in Red"

YouTube - Hudepohl Brewing Commercial "Truck"

Old 08-20-2008, 09:08 AM

Default Hint

Quote:
Couldn't find the laugh in commercial
Here's a hint: The answer is ver-r-r-ry in-n-n-teresting . . .

Old 08-20-2008, 10:31 AM

289 posts, read 1,317,790 times
Default Laugh-In character

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntnb View Post
Here's a hint: The answer is ver-r-r-ry in-n-n-teresting . . .
Sounds like Artie Johnson, although the commercials themselves have
escaped memory.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:26 PM

Judy Carne was arrested in Cincy for possession in early 70s but your quote makes me agree on Artie Johnson....But I don't remember ads either.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1003 View Post
Judy Carne was arrested in Cincy for possession in early 70s but your quote makes me agree on Artie Johnson....But I don't remember ads either.
Yup, it was Arte Johnson. He was dressed up in leiderhosen and affected a German accent for the ads. The tag line for the ads was "Hudy Delight. The beer drinker's light."

In the one I remember the most, he slammed down a big mug of beer on a table after draining it and said, "MMmm! Now dot tassts like a rrrrealll bieer!" (Imagine hammy accent.)

Old 08-20-2008, 04:16 PM

Still couldn't find commercial...But found this:

Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In Blooper and Gag Reel

Old 08-25-2008, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 16,194 times
Here's another one for yer memory lane stroll ... back in the mid-60's, there was a Cincy version of "American Bandstand", called "Bob Braun's Bandstand". I not only remember it well, but I also was on the 1965 New Year's show with my date from Wyoming High School (She was from there - not me!) Along with her sister who was with one of my best friends Nick Kingery. Nick Clooney was the sidekick to Bob Braun, and I remember so well how amazed I was at how much makeup Nick had caked on his face! It looked an inch thick! I also wandered around the set, facinated by the color tv monitors (all I had ever seen for my 15 years was black & white tv!). At one point, my date Karen Race and I were dancing on one of the conical "mini-stages" situated around the dance floor, when Bob Braun himself came up to interview us between songs! I remember Bob asking our names, and what high schools we went to, and about a very popular song that had hit the charts the past year. He said something about "lots of water", stuck the microphone in my face ... and my mind went totally BLANK!!! At that point I couldn't even tell you my NAME! After a few seconds (what seemed like an eternity), someone in the crowd yelled out, "96 TEARS!" Which was the correct name of the song that Bob was asking about. Well, I figured that the microphone had picked up the voice calling out "96 Tears", so I just said, "Oh yeah". Feeling dumb of course. But it got worse! Weeks later when my friends and I watched the program on New Years's Eve 1965, you could hear Bob asking me what the name of that song was, but you never heard the answer from the voice in the crowd ... so ... all you heard and saw, was me standing there looking kind of dazed for a minute, and then me saying weakly ... "Oh yeah" because at the time I was thinking that the microphone had picked up the correct title of the song. But - of course Bob Braun tried to help me and cover for me as he shouted, "That's RIGHT - Ron!!! 96 TEARS!" as the music came up and we all started dancing. For months afterwards, at school and at church. I could never live that moment down. Kids were always asking me, "Hey Ron! HOW does that song 'Oh yeah' go?"

A few years ago I called Channel 5 to see if there was any chance of my getting a copy of that show, and I was told that back then, they copied over the tapes. That they didn't keep them like they do now days, so it was gone! Lost to the ages! Dang! My boys and grandkids would've gotten quite a whoop out of that!

Last edited by rcarnes; 08-25-2008 at 06:11 PM..

Old 04-07-2010, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,712 times
Talking Jack Fogarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleCincinnati View Post
Yes - that segment of the news was a favorite of my grandfather. He looked
forward to it. It's probably been 40 years since Jack Fogarty's editorials have
been run.

Jack was My Great Uncle, I just opened a bar in Cheviot Named after him and my grandma

Old 04-08-2010, 06:05 PM

10 posts, read 43,174 times
Those video's are awesome. I haven't seen some of them before. Laugh-In what a show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati