U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 01:21 AM

289 posts, read 1,321,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissy182 View Post
I BTW Rudee Vallee was an ass - could tell a story - the estate might sue me?
Rudee Vallee - you are going WAY back. Wasn't he big back in the days of Stutz Bearcats and fur overcoats? He did appear on sitcoms and variety shows even in the 1960's, but even back then it seemed like his appearances were more for comic effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM

400 posts, read 938,575 times
Default jerry springer

I went to a taping of the Jerry Springer show when it was still trying to be a serious program and was still filmed in Cincinnati. The topic was people who had left/been pulled out of religious cults. The show kind of meandered a little and frankly, was a little boring. Jerry tried very hard to make the guests be more controversial but none of them were. I think it was just the personalities of the people who had been chosen for that episode, not the topic.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:35 AM

4 posts, read 19,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleCincinnati View Post
Rudee Vallee - you are going WAY back. Wasn't he big back in the days of Stutz Bearcats and fur overcoats? He did appear on sitcoms and variety shows even in the 1960's, but even back then it seemed like his appearances were more for comic effect.
Rudee was appearing at a super club in Dayton. He made to trip to Cincinnati to appear on the Braun show. It was the early 70s.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:03 PM

3,386 posts, read 3,713,875 times
Thanks, tntnb, for your TV/RADIO photostream - these pixs will take any bonafide blue-blooded Cincinnatian back there to where we all really belong - simply delightful!

Old 12-26-2010, 04:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,493 times
Default Bringing back memories

Was anyone up in the wee early hours Christmas morning, around 3 AM, to see channel 5 broadcasting Bob Braun shows? The first show I saw was when Bob Braun and Paul Dixon did their show in '74 from the Ohio State Fair. This show had the cast from both shows obviously. Did it bring back memories. Rob Reider and Mary Ellen Tanner still reside in Cincinnati. I totally forgot about Nancy James, so I'll have to do a google search for her. But, Gwen Conley is a very respected, very renowned voice teacher in NYC. I couldn't find anything on Randy Weidner, but something came up about his son being an engineer, and him being honored for something. But, the article said "the late Randy Weidner". Anyone know anything about Randy's passing? That didn't even show up on my google search. Of course, I'll have to google Colleen Sharp and Bonnie Lou now. The 2nd show on Christmas morning was called "Bob Braun Remembered", and it was a great show. Brought back a lot of wonderful memories. You would think that for the history this city has, there would be some sort of web site of that history we could go to. When I saw the one post about Rubel's bakery, I googled everything I could think of, trying to find out where it was in Walnut Hills, and I got nothing. So, since channel 12 news has a historian, Dan Hurley, I sent him an email to see if he could help. I've emailed him a couple of times before, and never got a response, so I'm not gonna hold my breath waitin for a reply to the email I sent him tonight. If anyone has been to the Museum Center, and seen the pictures they have there of the motor cars that used to be major transportation in this city, my grandpa drove one of those. Have a picture of him in his uniform. The tracks those cars rode on are still in the street I grew up on. I'll check back to this site every so often, to see if more posts have been added. I think this city's history is so interesting that tons of people should come here, and add their little bit of information that would add to the city's history.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:18 PM

7,741 posts, read 5,450,405 times
Paul Dixon

Paul Dixon

Bob Braun

Ruth Lyons

Look at all of the old Cincy TV links

Old 12-27-2010, 03:37 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,401,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Paul Dixon

Paul Dixon

Bob Braun

Ruth Lyons

Look at all of the old Cincy TV links
These excerpts from Cincy's TV history are great. Somebody finally got around to rebroadcasting the Dixon Chicken Wedding show recently. That type of TV may appear totally corny now, but it is a testament to how the viewing audience felt about the local performers.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:43 PM

7,741 posts, read 5,450,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleCincinnati View Post

Rudy Vallee

Old 04-19-2011, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,314 times
Default Ruebels Bakery

I worked at Ruebels for awhile in the 70's, it was located on a side street at Reading Rd. and Melish Ave. (now ML King). I don't know if the building is still there or not. One truck driver would bring a stick of butter on delivery day and take a loaf off of the cooling rack. He would put a slit in the loaf, insert the stick of butter and have one hell of a good lunch!

Old 05-06-2011, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,267 times
Default John wade

John and I did a modeling session back in the 70's would love to find him again. I do remember the TV show he had
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati