U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 PM

13,714 posts, read 22,852,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenojoe View Post
I worked at Ruebels for awhile in the 70's, it was located on a side street at Reading Rd. and Melish Ave. (now ML King). I don't know if the building is still there or not. One truck driver would bring a stick of butter on delivery day and take a loaf off of the cooling rack. He would put a slit in the loaf, insert the stick of butter and have one hell of a good lunch!

What ever happened to the Ruebel's Bakery? When did they close down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 03:48 AM

4,730 posts, read 10,942,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenojoe View Post
I worked at Ruebels for awhile in the 70's, it was located on a side street at Reading Rd. and Melish Ave. (now ML King). I don't know if the building is still there or not. One truck driver would bring a stick of butter on delivery day and take a loaf off of the cooling rack. He would put a slit in the loaf, insert the stick of butter and have one hell of a good lunch!
Morning afternoon and night, it's Ruebel's Rye Bread time!

Old 07-14-2011, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,888 times
Sooz!!!

I remember John. Class guy nd very a very smooth act. I worked with him in Columbus, before he went to Cincinnati, at Channel 6 (WTVN-WSYX).
Matter of fact ... I sat in for him for one show when he was on vacation. I bombed!

Best regards to all ... especially Sooz and John!
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by soozycue520 View Post
I would like to know if ANYONE remembers "The John Wade Show". It was on in the afternoon on Ch. 9 WCPO in the 1970's. When I mention it, people look at me like I have three heads. It was a show like "The Bob Braun Show", or a late night talk show, during the day.

Wikipedia mentions it, so I know I'm not insane.
[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCPO"]WCPO-TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/URL]
[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wade"]John Wade[/URL] - Singer/Host "The John Wade Show" & "A John Wade Christmas Special". Now lives in Sedona Arizona

It probably wasn't on long, but we watched it because my grandma's sister was married to Motz Dee Felice, who was the brother of the local musician Dee Felice, who was the leader of the house band on the show.

Of course, Dee Felice went on to open a restaurant/jazz bar in Covington, KY,that bears his name, where he was the headliner.

I'd just like to know if ANYONE remembers this show!!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:13 PM

6 posts, read 15,082 times
Default WLWT Odies

Does anyone remember a show called "5 A Go Go" on WLWT in the late 60's? It was a dance party type theme with recording artists as guests.
I do not remember the name of the host but there was a local Cincy rock band that played on the show as well.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,747 times
Wink "the john wade show"

Quote:
Originally Posted by soozycue520 View Post
i would like to know if anyone remembers "the john wade show". It was on in the afternoon on ch. 9 wcpo in the 1970's. When i mention it, people look at me like i have three heads. It was a show like "the bob braun show", or a late night talk show, during the day.

Wikipedia mentions it, so i know i'm not insane.
wcpo-tv - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
john wade - singer/host "the john wade show" & "a john wade christmas special". Now lives in sedona arizona

it probably wasn't on long, but we watched it because my grandma's sister was married to motz dee felice, who was the brother of the local musician dee felice, who was the leader of the house band on the show.

Of course, dee felice went on to open a restaurant/jazz bar in covington, ky,that bears his name, where he was the headliner.

I'd just like to know if anyone remembers this show!!
hope i am using this format correctly! Our accoustic trio played on the wade show in the mid-70's. Wade heard us at the blind lemon and asked us if we would be on his show. He was a real gentlemen to us and made it easy for us. The house band had dee feliz(sic?) and kenny poole. This was pre-vcr, so we were unable to record our performance. We covered "ventura highway" by america, and mr. Wade told us we nailed it. Would love to get a copy of that show if they exist. Please help if possible. Thanks, gmk

Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 AM

4,730 posts, read 10,942,054 times
Welcome to the seedy C-D!
You could probably contact Channel 9 to see if they have a recording of that show in their vaults. From what I've seen on YouTube they more likely than not do.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,692 times
I know this thread is dead but I am hoping that Mikey1003 might be able to shed some light on a TV program I am trying to find.
I am looking for a WCPO show from the 1970s called "Juvenile Court" and specifically an episode that aired in 1974.

If Mikey1003, or anyone else for that matter, has any information on this show :
Episode list,
where I can find this show online or otherwise,
Or any information generally

That would be most helpful.

I appreciate your help in advance!
Thank you all and Happy Holidays!

Dan

Old 12-20-2011, 03:24 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,371,704 times
Yes the thread is dead, but I am just using it to promote a documentary WLWT will air on Wednesday Dec. 21 at 9:00 PM entitled Ruth Lyons the First Lady of Cincinnati Television. They will also rebroadcast it on Thursday Morning. Dec. 22 at 11:00 AM. For those of you too young to have any idea who she was, tune in and learn something.

It was well known in the entertainment industry if you came to Cincinnati make an appearance on the Ruth Lyons TV show The Fifty-Fifty Club. If she liked you the Cincinnati (or Dayton) engagement was virtually a sell-out. If for whatever reason you did not click with her just crawl out of town at the first opportunity.

At this time of year there is the Ruth Lyons Children's Fund which she started. This initially was a fund to provide a toy, etc. to help cheer up young children who had a hospital visit in Cincinnati or the surrounding territory where WLW and its affiliates broadcast. When Ruth was alive and still broadcasting, it went far beyond that as they would purchase iron lungs for hospitals when polio was still a dreaded childhood desease.

Catch a glimpse of the documentary and hopefully you will undestand why Cincinnati was truely the Queen City at that point in time, any why Ruth Lyons, a rather matronly sort of person, ruled the local airwaves. I believe it has something to do with sincerity.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:33 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,371,704 times
Watched the documentary on Ruth Lyons last night and also the encore this morning. I found it fascinating. My mother and her undying allegiance to Ruth when I was young spurred a lot of my interest. But watching Phil Donahue and other dignitaries of the day speak with such depth of emotion concerning her, especially in the last 30 minutes of the show, where several excerpts about Ruth's outspoken remarks concerning the civil rights situation, long before it was popular.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:34 PM

7,685 posts, read 5,416,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGPhoto View Post
I know this thread is dead but I am hoping that Mikey1003 might be able to shed some light on a TV program I am trying to find.
I am looking for a WCPO show from the 1970s called "Juvenile Court" and specifically an episode that aired in 1974.

If Mikey1003, or anyone else for that matter, has any information on this show :
Episode list,
where I can find this show online or otherwise,
Or any information generally

That would be most helpful.

I appreciate your help in advance!
Thank you all and Happy Holidays!

Dan
I struck out. Nothing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati