U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 07:49 PM

133 posts, read 557,743 times

Advertisements

Since we all seem to enjoy walking down memory lane, I thought this might make an interesting thread. See if you can recall some of your best and worst dates as a teenager in Cincy.

Here are a couple for me:

Great date: I used to love taking a date to Mt. Adams and eating at a restaurant there (I don't remember the name, but it was located just as you entered the Mt. Adams area). Afterwards we would go to an ice cream shop called "A bird can fly but a fly can't bird (is it still there)? Once, after going to these two spots we went to see Peter, Paul and Mary, in the round, at the UC fieldhouse, I believe. (Of course, these kinds of dates were predicated on me winning enough money in poker on Friday night that I could afford to go out on the date on Saturday)

Now for the lousy "date": I was 14, and, after a week of building up my nerve, asked a girl to go with me (on my first date) to see "To Sir with Love" at the Albee theater, downtown. We had to take the bus, so I arranged to meet her at the bus stop. I got there about 15 minutes early. She finally showed up, with another girl. She saw me and asked me "What are you doing here?" I couldn't figure it out. I said I was going downtown to a movie. She said, "Oh that's funny. We are supposed to meet another girl here and go to the movies, too." It was then I realized that I hadn't identified myself when I had asked her for the date, and I was so young my voice hadn't changed yet. So she thought I was a girlfriend....Sheesh...Surprised I ever went out on a date after that one.

If you enjoyed these...Share your experiences, please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 09:57 PM

205 posts, read 806,265 times
In the late 60's I double-dated to a Christmas party in Mt. Adams. Everything was going OK until my buddy got a little clumsy and knocked over the Christmas Tree. At this point, we pretty much got the impression that it would be a good idea to leave. I drove my 17 year old girl friend to her home in Forest Park and I was met by her father at the door - dressed in his T-shirt and smelling of Christmas Cheer. Evidently he was unaware that she was seeing anyone and he grabbed her arm, pulled her in, and made it pretty clear to me that the evening had concluded.

BTW, kind of on the same subject, I learned the hard way in the 90's that Schindler's List is not a real good "date flick".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati