Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 06:41 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,372,717 times

Advertisements

c-bus is too small a tv market, its all about the almighty dollar/profit. cinci should be able to support an nba team with the size of the market there, but will the fans support a team or better yet want a team ? also, i think its a shame cbus doesnt have better attendance for nhl, being they got their shot at a pro team finally. imo, it just shows that cbus is still a miner-leage/college town. ie- cleveland hasnt won (combined teams) in over 140 yrs, but the teams are supported here. my vote is cinci for an nba team ! ps- dayton ? while your at it give a team to akron, mayberry and bfe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 06:49 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
There has been a lot of cities getting NBA teams in the past few years, but I've never heard Cincinnati mentioned for one, despite having over 6 million people within a 100 mile radius of Downtown Cinci (that's not a small market)

Is the NBA something people in Cinci want or need?
Cincinnati had a team once. It could do it again. There just needs to be a push for it.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:37 PM

236 posts, read 695,309 times
It will never happen again, unless global warming encourages population growth in Cincinnati

Old 11-19-2008, 09:05 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,715,971 times

Old 11-19-2008, 09:06 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,715,971 times
Cool-ass logo and colors...

Old 11-19-2008, 09:44 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,451,460 times
cle440,

what bigger and better markets?

maestro,

i live in columbus and hear it daily.

cincy-rise,

that's what i was thinking.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:28 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,918,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
It's been a while since you've been here, hasn't it?
What?

Hillside,

All of these metro areas are larger than Cincinnatis and dont currently have an NBA team. I think we can all agree that most of these also have more money to spare than Cincinnati:
Riverside
Seattle
San Diego
St. Louis
Tampa
Baltimore
Pittsburgh

Cincinnati would also be competing with these:
Kansas City
Las Vegas
San Jose
Columbus
Virginia Beach
Austin
Nashville

For the CSA, there are also 3 ahead of Cincinnati. If you added Dayton to the CSA, Cincinnati is the next in line though.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:07 AM

548 posts, read 2,015,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
cle440,

what bigger and better markets?

maestro,

i live in columbus and hear it daily.
you here Cavs talk daily? Where? I'm telling you, the only talk I ever heard was 1) when Lebron got drafted and 2) when they went to the Finals. I used to bring up the NBA, and I always got the same response: " I don't like basketball". Except maybe Buckeyes b-ball.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:39 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,451,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
What?

Hillside,

All of these metro areas are larger than Cincinnatis and dont currently have an NBA team. I think we can all agree that most of these also have more money to spare than Cincinnati:
Riverside
Seattle
San Diego
St. Louis
Tampa
Baltimore
Pittsburgh

Kansas City
Las Vegas
San Jose
Columbus
Virginia Beach
Austin
Nashville

For the CSA, there are also 3 ahead of Cincinnati. If you added Dayton to the CSA, Cincinnati is the next in line though.
you just answered the question. in about a year, cincinnati will be the 14th largest metro in the country, and the third largest in the midwest.

top 15 metros - 13 nba teams (cinci, seattle)
next 15 metros - 7 nba teams

cincinnati is competing with NONE of those cities for a team. more money to spend? where do you get that?

Riverside - are you serious? LOS ANGELES.
Seattle - they are competing with themselves, and david stern
San Diego - again, are you serious. there are two teams in LA
St. Louis - st. louis is not on a basketball radar
Tampa - the worst sports town around. c'mon
Baltimore - again, not on a hoops radar. also, the wiz are too close.
Pittsburgh - not even a thought for the nba. football town.

Kansas City - they built the arena, but you know why they didn't get the sonics? 1.8 million isn't big enough for a town with two teams already.
Las Vegas - it'll be awhile before vegas sees a team.
San Jose - the warriors??
Columbus - i thought we already went through this one
Virginia Beach - why even mention this town...
Austin - so i guess we need four teams in texas now
Nashville - memphis can't support the griz, and nashville is right where it needs to be - one FOOTBALL team.

Last edited by hillside; 11-20-2008 at 08:50 AM..

Old 11-20-2008, 09:38 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,262 times
We could be in serious jeopardy to lose one or even 2 of the big 4 just because of the economy. I wouldn't want a team to come knowing what's going on in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati