U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 08:42 AM

267 posts, read 592,828 times

Advertisements

yes the best park in hamilton co is miami white water forest.. i volunteer there
i help keep the place clean their located on mt hope rd, them and winton woods are the only places you can camp at
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 05:48 PM

21 posts, read 66,506 times
Hey, InLuvWitFlo-

I moved here about a year ago and I love it, too! Great place to live and work.

As far as happy hour, I enjoy all the bars in Hyde Park, Mt. Lookout, Mt. Adams, and a few of those downtown. In the summer I love to sit outside at Tellers or Arthurs (both Hyde Park) and have a few drinks, or go to half-price wine night at Indigo (Wed....and also Hyde Park). Hyde Park is FULL of 20-somethings, and so is Mt. Lookout. Millions and MLT in Mt. Lookout often have happy hour specials, as well.

Mt. Adams is nice for the views and a few of the bars are cool. My personal favorite is AliveOne...the music on the jukebox is great, and Tuesdays are $2 beer night. The crowd is also young and the rest of the neighborhood is full of great bars and restaurants, so if you don't like one, try another.

Good luck!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:00 PM

69 posts, read 178,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
InLuvWitFlo, welcome to Cincinnati! I've seen you on the Florida boards and welcome you to my hometown. If you haven't done so already, you should check out:

Skyline Chili - have a 3 way (chili, spaghetti, and cheese), 4 way (onions added), or 5 way (add beans) - it's weird chili, but a local favorite

Graeter's Ice Cream - any flavor, but those featuring chips are amazing

Loveland Bike Trail - a great way to spend the day biking or walking

Montgomery Inn - terrific ribs

Newport on the Levee - nightlife

Sharon Woods, Winton Woods, and the Hamilton County Parks - lovely

Kenwood Towne Centre - one of the top ten malls in the country

Cincinnati's museums - great

Hyde Park Square and Mariemont - charming

This is a great place - except for the weather.
Thanks Sunnydee, skyline is delicious, I love Winton Wood's trail and I'm looking forward to Newport on the levee this weekend. I'll be sure to work my way down the list.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:04 PM

267 posts, read 592,828 times
the camp ground is under construction

Old 08-14-2008, 11:42 PM

4,114 posts, read 8,898,310 times
I lived in metro Cincinnati for five weeks in 2003. Highland Heights, KY to be exact. Where I lived was on the top of a hill where I could look at the Cincinnati skyline. How luminous and colorful it is at night!

Anyway, I enjoyed my time in the Cincy area. Thoroughly. So much, in fact, that I've toyed w/ the thought of moving back there over the last five years (but I really love Texas and that really beckons me.) I participated in a summer program at N. Ky. Univ. and met many people from the NKY area. I found the people of the area easy to befriend, so helpful with tips on ways to enjoy the area. In fact, I made more friends there in five weeks than in any other area of Kentucky in 17 years combined up to that point! (No joke!)

As for those tips, many of which I heeded (in bold), here they are:
  • Newport on the Levee and Aquarium--overrated and overpriced, I'll admit, but with bustling family-friendly nightlife and good eateries;
  • Covington's MainStrasse, a historic district with some bars and what not that 20-somethings frequent;
  • Devou Park, Covington, best to go in the day, though;
  • Eden Park, Krohn Conservatory, and the Cincinnati Art Museum, all next to each other. Eden Park is one of the most beautiful parks I've been to. The many passers-by in the park were friendly, nodding their heads and asking me how my day was, putting to rest the myth of "cold, unfriendly folks in a 'big bad city'." C.A.M. is free, also;
  • Jungle Jim's in Fairfield, four acres of exotic and unique foods and spices from dozens of different countries and cultures;
  • Contemporary Art Center;
  • Music Center, home of the incredible Cincinnati Opera, which I highly recommend for your listening pleasure;
  • Fountain Square;
  • Carew Tower, although unfortunately I didn't get to do the observation deck, but the front lobby artwork and architecture reminds me of that of the Empire State Building;
  • Great American Ballpark, home of the Cincinnati Reds. I got to do an architectural tour of the entire park, also.
Mt. Adams, Mt. Lookout, Clifton, Hyde Park and parts of Covington's Mainstrasse area are all fairly safe places that 20-somethings gravitate towards.

I don't profess to be an expert on Cincy, b/c Lord knows I'm far from it. It's just that now that all the memories are coming back to me, it's time to revisit those. The Cincy/NKY I remember is full of wonderful people and enough parks, culture, and sports to keep you entertained for a good long while; I hope it's still the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati