Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 27,578 times

Advertisements

I moved here from Atlanta in January and, now that things have settled down for the moment, I've been trying to find places where I can meet some good singles that are around my age (23 at the moment).

Do you guys know of any good places to go that would be conducive to starting conversations with people? The malls are full of jail bait and other places have women that are seemingly already attached, or at least in groups with men included.

I'll go for any place that is fun, though my issues revolve around gaming, martial arts, anime and Japanese culture.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 PM

26 posts, read 103,187 times
Forbes once published an article proclaiming that twenty-something Cincinnatians whom are single would be best suited to move elsewhere. If you're as stubborn as I am, however, and refuse such, I'd probably recommend Arthur's in Hyde Park, Awakenings Coffeehouse around the corner, Starbucks in Rookwood down the street, or the Mt. Lookout Tavern not too far away.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:48 PM

710 posts, read 3,045,077 times
downtown is quickly becoming the best neighborhood for young professionals.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:17 AM

2 posts, read 27,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisman View Post
Forbes once published an article proclaiming that twenty-something Cincinnatians whom are single would be best suited to move elsewhere. If you're as stubborn as I am, however, and refuse such, I'd probably recommend Arthur's in Hyde Park, Awakenings Coffeehouse around the corner, Starbucks in Rookwood down the street, or the Mt. Lookout Tavern not too far away.
Even if I wanted to leave, it's not really a great thing to do. I just started my first professional job here and I need to at least be here for a few years to build up any sort of resume that would make me hireable. Though I believe that I'll find someone eventually if I put myself out there enough.

I've been hearing so much about Hyde Park being some kind of cesspool of 20-somethings, but never really knew where it was until last night. I guess I should go pay the place a visit to at least see another area of the city.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:22 PM

69 posts, read 203,551 times
Newport on the levee is really nice lots of people out socializing, shopping, eating, etc. The funnybone, bar louie's, game city, AMC theather are all over there. In cincy rockbottom, bw3's, and the mall (kenwood, tri-county) and clifton heights (around the UC campus) are nice spots. I'm new as well however i'm a little older than 20-something but i still enjoy having a good time.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:05 PM

13 posts, read 78,854 times
Newport on the Levee is a place where you can be around a lot of people. Check out Mt. Lookout for the younger crowds. Mt. Adams is great for the yuppie crowd and is an extremely safe place to go bar hopping with a young crowd.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:48 AM

40 posts, read 133,032 times
I would recommend Main Strasse village in Covington, KY. It's a great place to bar hop and meet new people. I'm 23 as well and there are plenty of people around our age there most nights of the week. There's a nice variety of bars all within walking distance.

Also, check out the bars around Hamilton Ave in Northside (Northside Tavern, The Comet, Blue Rock, Gypsy Hut, etc.).

Old 08-15-2008, 10:28 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
What about volunteering with the Downtown Council or volunteering for/joining Enjoy the Arts?

Old 08-15-2008, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 13,511 times
I'd recommend:

1. Mt Adams-nightlife
2. Hyde Park-strolling during daytime (outdoor cafes, Graeters, people watching)
3. Mt. Lookout-nightlife, daytime
4. Downtown
5. Newport on Levee
6. Clifton (Gaslight)
7. Covington (Greenup Street)

Old 10-26-2011, 12:34 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
Either adopt a dog or borrow a friend's and walk it downtown, in Mt. Adams, Hyde Park, or some other nice place with a lot of foot traffic. I noticed last year when my wife was volunteering at the Contemporary Arts Center downtown and I was just roaming the streets around fountain square that I was having short conversations with maybe a dozen people per hour, men and women, old and young. A disproportionate number seemed to be single women approximately my age who couldn't tell I am married because I was wearing gloves.

After hearing this, my single cousin asked if he could walk the pup some time. He loitered with her in Mt. Adams, on Ludlow in Clifton, and downtown near his house for a few weeks. He told me he met more interesting women in those weeks than he did at the bars on weekend nights for the past year. He is currently dating the best friend of a non-single woman that he chatted up while walking my dog.

There's nothing creepy about it as long as you don't lie. My cousin would just say that he was sick of the bar scene and wanted to enjoy the outdoors and street culture with like minded individuals.

My dog 'The Icebreaker':
Click image for larger version

Name:	basket_case.JPG
Views:	1396
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	86568
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati