U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taebarr77 View Post
Okay, let me rephrase? How about somewhere you get about an acre of land with a house? I raise birds, so normally close neighbors are not a good thing. Or is that about the same? Basically we are looking for country living.
Thanks Again,
Tae
clermont county is awesome with lots and lots of horse properties. we moved to bethel, ohio 9 years ago and this area has been a treasure trove for my daughter, who is now 23. good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 01:57 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,377,243 times
West Chester is a big township. I would first nail down in what part of West Chester would the job be and look it up on a map. Some of the places mentioned like Goshen are way east, not practical. Lebanon is far enough especially for a place to keep horses. I would take a look at the northwest out past Hamilton which turns into country pretty fast. Would probably still be a 20 mile or longer commute but not bad time wise.

I have lived in Mason for over 35 years and can only remember 1 time anyone escaped from the prison and that lastest all of about 4 hours. There are actually two prisons there located side by side. One is the Lebanon Correctional Institution which is part of Ohio's state prison system. It sits on 1,900 acres of land, much of which is farm to grow food for the prison. Most of the inmates are considered close scrutiny. Next door is the Warren Correctional Institution which is much smaller. I consider it more of a reformatory for youthful offenders.

I have never had a reason to be concerned over the prisons. Besides, they are not in Labanon but over close to I-75 and Monroe. Just a short distance away next to I-75 is the newer Cincinnati Premium Outlets Mall and across the street the large Trader's World Fleamarket.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:37 PM

688 posts, read 864,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
The "horsiest" (and by far the wealthiest) area in Greater Cincinnati is the eastern suburb called Indian Hill. But I don't believe any public stables are located there. To reside within that village's borders, you'd be looking at paying close to $1m for a "small" property.

Southern Butler and Warren Counties are getting too built-up to allow for much riding.

Despite Cincinnati's close proximity to the equine Nirvana of Bluegrass Country, there really isn't that much to offer a serious equestrian. Maybe a Google search for "Ohio stables" and "Kentucky stables" would yield some workable results.
Indian Hill was originally chartered as an equestrian community and unless the village charter has changed every property line within the community is a designated riding trail. There used to be a decent amount of horse stables in Indian Hill. In fact, off of Blome Rd where the old Fleischmann Estate is located was where my mom boarded her horse as a girl. The last time I was back there was over a decade ago and I don't recall them offering boarding services, however, they do have the acreage for it now that it's part of the Green Acres Foundation so maybe things have changed.

Comargo Stables off Shawnee Run Rd. offers boarding as well. And there is some large horse stable down off of Rt126 near Cunnigham at the edge of Indian Hill and Camp Denison (near the bike trail). As large as it is I would imagine it can't be all one persons horses so you may look there for boarding services as well.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_master View Post
Indian Hill was originally chartered as an equestrian community and unless the village charter has changed every property line within the community is a designated riding trail. There used to be a decent amount of horse stables in Indian Hill. In fact, off of Blome Rd where the old Fleischmann Estate is located was where my mom boarded her horse as a girl. The last time I was back there was over a decade ago and I don't recall them offering boarding services, however, they do have the acreage for it now that it's part of the Green Acres Foundation so maybe things have changed.

Comargo Stables off Shawnee Run Rd. offers boarding as well. And there is some large horse stable down off of Rt126 near Cunnigham at the edge of Indian Hill and Camp Denison (near the bike trail). As large as it is I would imagine it can't be all one persons horses so you may look there for boarding services as well.
I grew up in the Madeira/Indian Hill neighborhood as did my wife. I am very familiar with the equestrian heritage of Indian Hill. But even if there is public boarding available there I do not consider it exactly convenient to West Chester. If you can work in West Chester but live in Indian Hill that is a horse of a different color . But if you are not in that league I still recommend a little north and west of Hamilton.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:56 PM

3,751 posts, read 10,219,757 times
Hey gang -- the OP was writing this a long time ago.. ('08 I think?)...

Imagine my suprise that hey - I contributed to this thread a LONG time ago..!

Anyway, hopefully they made their move by now!

Old 10-02-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
Hey gang -- the OP was writing this a long time ago.. ('08 I think?)...

Imagine my suprise that hey - I contributed to this thread a LONG time ago..!

Anyway, hopefully they made their move by now!
Yes, somebody revived it last month by replying to a long dead question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or