U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-22-2008, 06:37 PM

4 posts, read 18,956 times
Default Horse property?

Hello,
I am currently in Phoenix, Arizona. My husbands job maybe possibly moving us to the West Chester area. I was wondering if it was possible to get horse property for rent and where would you look for it at? I have checked out craigslist already not much there for the area I am looking at. I have also looked at move.com and rent.com. Any other source? Or would the old fashion route of getting a newspaper and going from there? I am hoping to be within a 20 mile radius of West Chester.

Thanks In Advance!
Tae
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-22-2008, 10:33 PM

3,529 posts, read 5,336,418 times
The "horsiest" (and by far the wealthiest) area in Greater Cincinnati is the eastern suburb called Indian Hill. But I don't believe any public stables are located there. To reside within that village's borders, you'd be looking at paying close to $1m for a "small" property.

Southern Butler and Warren Counties are getting too built-up to allow for much riding.

Despite Cincinnati's close proximity to the equine Nirvana of Bluegrass Country, there really isn't that much to offer a serious equestrian. Maybe a Google search for "Ohio stables" and "Kentucky stables" would yield some workable results.

Unread 07-23-2008, 07:23 AM

22,914 posts, read 26,403,034 times
There are a few around, but not many. A friend boarded her horse at a place called Walnut Creek; not sure where it is. You might even try Indiana, around Harrison or College Corner (both of which are in Ohio, but right on the border; just a frame of reference for you).

Unread 07-23-2008, 09:13 AM

Okay, let me rephrase? How about somewhere you get about an acre of land with a house? I raise birds, so normally close neighbors are not a good thing. Or is that about the same? Basically we are looking for country living.
Thanks Again,
Tae

Unread 07-24-2008, 12:11 PM

2,293 posts, read 4,828,776 times
Lebanon area (Warren County) or surrounding townships - lots of horses, in fact a "mini-horse farm" - 5 acres with a barn/small house is for sale just down from our subdivision.

Lebanon proper is about 23 miles from WestChester - but of course it depends upon where in Lebanon and where in WestChester. I live 24.7 miles from my job in WestChester, and I live just outside Lebanon city limits in a township called TurtleCreek.

LOTS OF HORSES out by us. Of course, a lot of agricultural land in general - cows, horses, crops, etc..

There's even a harness-racing track in Lebanon.

So Indian Hill may be the "horsiest" area for those with MONEY - but if you want good old fashioned horse country - many of the outlying townships (those that aren't terribly built up) have the land and the resources (veterinarians specializing in large animals, feed stores, etc..)

If fact there are probaby some parts of Liberty Twp (adjacent to Westchester on the North) that still have land for horses.. but those may be a little more rare as Liberty Twp is a little more built up.

I don't know how much the mini-farm down from us is selling for - the 5 acres with barn will probably raise the price.

But you will have LOTS of options! Especially in the northern townships (North of I-275 loop).

Good luck!

Unread 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM

I actually have been looking up in Lebanon area. But my husband told me to stay away from there, he said, "he thought there was a prison there?" I talked to a couple property management companies up there and they were not much of a help. I found one "mini" horse farm in Liberty Township, but that's a little out of our price range. Along with a little to much property for me to maintain. I think I have talked him into letting me fly out there. So, I can take a look at the communities. I think that will be the best option to attempt to get what I want.
Thank You!!
Tae

Unread 07-24-2008, 12:30 PM

2,293 posts, read 4,828,776 times
There is a prison (not sure if it is state or county) outside of Lebanon (but identified with Lebanon) on the West side (very close to I-75). It is odd - because in Michigan (where we just moved from) it would affect values for the entire area -- but it is far enough outside downtown Lebanon, that the locals here (the majority of the real estate market) don't seem to think about it at all. As a result, values in Lebanon (at least until this recent market turmoil) had continued to grow.

I live on the far side of lebanon (East of the East side) - and am about 11 miles from the prison.

If you lived in Monroe, or potentially some parts of Liberty Twp., you would be closer than I am to it.

But in any of these areas of Warren County (or possibly the farther out townships of Butler County, or even Hamilton County) you should be able to find land. Prices will vary of course depending on the location. Liberty Twp will probably be higher for acreage (due to its proximity to WestChester) than Turtle Creek twp., or Clear Creek Twp (townships just outside Lebanon).

Get a good map, fly up here and drive/look around. The area is pretty compact (maybe 60 miles across Cinci East to West - and about 45 miles North to South) so you can do a lot of driving and cover a lot of ground in a couple of days!

Good luck - if you have specific questions or need help - feel free to DM!

Unread 07-24-2008, 12:35 PM

Thank You SOOO MUCH!!! Just with that information you helped so much!! If I have any I will message!!
Thank You Again!!
Tae

Unread 07-26-2008, 08:31 PM

71 posts, read 221,750 times
Default Try Goshen or Loveland

There are lots of horse farms, boarding stables in the Goshen, Ohio area and reasonably priced homes. You might even find a rental. Loveland also allows horses to be kept on 5 acres or more and there are some reasonable housing options and boarding stables in the area.

Just Google Goshen and Loveland riding stables or horse boarding and some should come up.

Good luck!

(Other places to try are tack and feed stores for ads).

Unread 07-26-2008, 10:52 PM

3 posts, read 7,286 times
Have you thought about buying land?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati