U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 04:19 PM

18 posts, read 48,596 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

This question is mainly for single people living in a 1 BR or efficiency, although I'm also curious about small apartments with more than one resident as long as you're both/all at home around the same time, in the same room, etc (so that the bills would be about the same as for 1 person).

And please give me an idea of how you live--i.e. do you try to sit in the dark or do you have 60 appliances running at the same time? (just to get an idea of usage along with the price)

So, how much per month do you pay for water, gas, electric, heat, any other monthly bills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 05:12 PM

245 posts, read 1,135,766 times
Utilities in Cincinnati are not that expensive I wouldn't worry about it...

* You should be able to call the utility companies for a "level billing" estimate based on the address of the property that you give them.
* Things to consider are the age of the house (whether or not it has insulation), and whether or not the apt is wedged in between other apts which generally lowers the costs ( I know people who are between the 2nd & 3rd floors and they barely run their own heat). Being on the top floor also helps in that it'll be warmer in the winter (but hot in the summer too).
* Know that electric heat is slated to be a lot cheaper than gas this winter, so consider one of those baseboard type heaters with feet that enable you to place the heater on the floor.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:13 PM

21 posts, read 66,506 times
Hey, madmermaid-

I live alone in a one-bedroom apartment in Hyde Park, and I'm not too stingy with the electricity. I mean, I try to turn off lights as I leave rooms, but I often will be in my bedroom but with the TV (which is in the living room) left on or things like that. I also definitely use my central air; I hate hot weather!

My gas and water are included in my rent. I usually pay between $20 and $40 in utilities from Duke Energy each month. Cable runs me about $75 with my internet access, too, and that about covers it. Hope that helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati