Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:25 PM

5 posts, read 11,529 times

Advertisements

I am sure this has been covered, but having trouble find much and I don't know the area. I think the place I will be somewhere around sycamore township. I am looking for a good apartment, I want to pay under 1000 a month(i am only paying 510 a month is Oklahoma) would like a 2 br but 1 br will work. Can you all offer up some suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 02:00 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
Sycamore Township covers a lot of territory, from I-75 in the west to 71 in the east. The quality of neighborhoods varies a great deal depending on what part you're in. The farther west you go, the lower the quality; when you get to the far western sector the area is called Edgemont and borders Cincinnati's Roselawn neighborhood. Edgemont is "edgy" and the adjoining "unincorporated" area along Reading Rd is worse: older brick-box apartment houses - mostly if not all Section 8 now, formerly (or in at least one case, never) nice motels turned into flophouses that're vice magnets, high home turnover as the people with the means to do so flee, not-infrequent homicides. Off Reading Rd and south of Section, Roselawn is still a quiet and pleasant area, but forget about the northern part. Toward the east, the township is A-OK. Expansion of cities and towns has mostly swallowed it up. Your everyday suburban apartment complexes are heavily concentrated around Interstates 275 and 71, as far as Kenwood in one direction and Sharonville in the other. Units in houses or brick-box buildings are readily available in Deer Park and Silverton.
To scour listings, craigslist.com and the real estate section of cincinnati.com should be all you need.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:59 AM

4 posts, read 21,012 times
Sycamore Township is spread all over the Hamilton County area. Can you be a bit more specific?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana423 View Post
Sycamore Township is spread all over the Hamilton County area. Can you be a bit more specific?
Sorry about that, didn't realize it was so broad, the address is 8600 Governors Hill Dr. Hope that helps

Old 07-31-2008, 09:04 AM

27 posts, read 105,974 times
And if I'm not mistaken, unincorporated Sycamore Township is broken into three pieces nowadays.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:39 PM

anyone know about the falls at landen? The Falls - About Us

Old 08-04-2008, 08:28 AM

noone?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:26 PM

3 posts, read 6,647 times
one word 4 ya one the cheap rent apts. WESTSIDE- westwood, cheviot, price hill, colerain, monfort heights, etc. maybe look into some of these neighboorhoods instead. i pay 350 a month 4 a 2br in price hill... and im not in the crack infested part of the hill either. yeah im close to the hood but hey... i dont mind... i love the westside

Old 08-06-2008, 05:54 PM

21 posts, read 76,652 times
For the original poster - what kind of place are you looking for? The best advice I took from people in the area upon moving here was not to necessarily limit myself to the area in which I was working. My 15-20 minute commute is worth the neighborhood I'm now in. Are you a young single person looking to meet new people and friends? Are you looking for outdoor space? Let us know. Affordable rentals are available virtually all over.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:30 AM

Im really quite open to just any thing that is "safe" and not a dump.... Im 23 and my girlfriend is coming up with me. I don't want to pay more than 1000 a month for a 2 bedroom... I am looking at mallard crossing now, they seem to fit the bill and reviews are pretty good and they are close...

Mallard Crossing - Luxury Apartments ~ Loveland, OH ~ (513) 677-1000

I am a country boy, grew up on 56 acres for 22 years, but had recently moved into a small apartment in Oklahoma and am fine with those changes, everything has its advantages and disadvantages...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati