U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 03:33 PM

14 posts, read 26,609 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Cincy in about a month, and I just need some assistance as to where is a good area for as to relocate to. We are moving due to his job, located in downtown Cincy. We are originally from the East coast and are use to an urban environment, BUT I need urban chic. We are looking for a place that has diversity, culture, entertainment and is SAFE! We are both African American professionals in our late 20's. We like to have a good time going out dancing, dining, and the whole shabang. So I need help looking for a neighborhood that is within 20 mins of downtown, with young professionals, a good mix of culture, and a fun upscale area. Any ideas?

(Basically I want to live in a nice area that is local to entertainment and work.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 06:23 PM

710 posts, read 2,653,814 times
downtown, nothing else is going to come close

Old 08-11-2008, 07:03 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,853,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
downtown, nothing else is going to come close
Second this! ... & welcome!

This is all you need to know!

Downtown Cincinnati Incorporated :: Life Happens Here

If you're buying then PM me!

Old 08-11-2008, 07:04 PM

2,554 posts, read 5,847,928 times
Yes! Please move downtown, and see what all Downtown Cincinnati has to offer.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:02 PM

69 posts, read 179,197 times
Default Welcome!!!

I'm new to cincy as well and I've found so many great places that offer a good time. I like culture as well coming from florida and here are some of the places I have enjoyed so far: Downtown-Rockbottom, The Black Finn, Blue whisk, Downtown cincy is happening, Newport on the levee is great as well (Funnybone, Bar Louie's, Amc theather, Game works for "the kid in you" lots of shopping and eateries as well). Must try in cincinnati: Graeter's Ice cream, skyline, Taco Casa, Larosa's pizza, UDF ice cream parlor,and BW3's. I am really enjoying my new home in Finneytown, you'll come to see that this is a city that you dont have to drive far to have a good time. You've picked a nice city...Good luck and Welcome.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:05 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,585,380 times
Delhi!

No, I'm just kidding.

Check out Mt. Adams. You'll love it up there....very close to downtown, and the views are outstanding.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:28 PM

Thanks for the info.!!!!!!!!! You guys are great (especially aquila! Looking forward to Cincinnati........Cincy- Rise we are going to rent for the first year, so we can learn what the best areas are. InLuv, it's nice to year that you are enjoying Cincy, especially coming from Florida!!! Thanks again!

Old 08-11-2008, 10:46 PM

Okay so I've heard great things about Hyde Park and certain areas of Clifton, any input on these areas?

Old 08-11-2008, 10:50 PM

2,554 posts, read 5,847,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Delhi!

No, I'm just kidding.

Check out Mt. Adams. You'll love it up there....very close to downtown, and the views are outstanding.
Mount Adams is awesome! I would be checking that out too. I believe last time I was there, lots of single family housing was going in, they had character, nothing like that sprawl crap.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:43 AM

31,281 posts, read 57,490,958 times
Go with downtown or Mt. Adams, and have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
Delhi!
LMAO. The center of urban chic if ever there was one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati