U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:44 AM

46 posts, read 171,300 times

Advertisements

I do like apartmentratings.com...but sometimes it's just people ranting and raving about some particular problem they had...I know I've lived in some apts that were perfectly fine, but had low ratings on that website. So, I was hoping to get more "real life" feedback from this thread. But thanks for the tip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 12:03 PM

45 posts, read 188,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWilliams77 View Post
Hello Everyone...I got help from this thread back in January when I was moving to Cincy area from Chicago, and now I'm back!

When I moved here from Chicago with my husband and 6 yr old daughter we ended up in Southgate, KY - near Newport. We ended up there solely because it's close to my job (I work downtown near Fountain Square). I have to say the drive is awesome - you can't beat 15 min worst possible commute time, 10 min on an average day. I also like my apt; it has a nice spacious layout.

But besides those couple things - I despise everything else about living on the Kentucky side of the river. I despise the high taxes to register your car, the higher gas prices, the fact that to do anything in NoKY you have to go all the way to Florence, and the police here are terrible about racial profiling. So, we are looking to move over to the Ohio side of the river. Any ideas?

I love Mason and Westchester areas, but it's just too far. Some places I'm targeting right now are possibly Anderson area - Fox Chase North, Village of Coldstream, Arbors of Anderson - but I don't know how I feel about being black and living on the east side area. I'm also thinking about Blue Ash, Montgomery, Mt. Adams, and Wyoming. We will be renting an apt because we are not ready to buy in the Cincy area yet. So, I need some advice! Thanks.

i live down the road for arbors of anderson. I am not black but haven't seen or heard any raceism. but i'm white so i probly wouldn't experiance any if the was some over here. i have a couple of black couple that live in my building and like it here. They have good schools here as well. It only take me about 15 minutes to get to the ballpark downtown from here too.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:43 PM

6 posts, read 63,778 times
Default Forest Park

I know the best school district would be blue ash. My daughter is going to a private school because I live in Forest Park but would love to move to Blue Ash because that is the best school district and not that far from downtown. Blue ash seems to be diverse. My daughter is bi-racial and I wouldn't have a problem with her going to that school district. Good Luck with your search.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:49 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,419,114 times
Out of the areas you mentioned, I would go with Blue Ash.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:44 AM

74 posts, read 247,997 times
Cany anybody say Suburbia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or