U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2011, 09:09 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,652,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Bengals... The prima donnas are gone and it shows. 4-2 great start. Keep it going. Rookies are supposed to cost you games somewhere along the line by foolish mistakes, hope that doesn't happen. But right now it is just refreshing to see people out there playing with some enthusiasm and fire. I guess many of these guys are too young and close to college to realize it is just a business.

Detroit lost today - I still think the 49ers receiver's right knee was down before the ball reached the goal line, but they are 5-1. Another example of a team playing over their heads, but fun to watch.
It's kind of hard to go 0-16 when you are 4-2

We went down today and actually couldn't get into PBS. The lines were ridiculously long at the ticket windows at 1 p.m. We didn't want to miss the first quarter and a half standing in line so we just walked over to a crowded Holy Grail and enjoyed the afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 11:21 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,999,514 times
Man, I'm torn on this. I feel like I've seen this sort of thing too many times to get my hopes up.

Its the Bengals, for chrissake. I want to believe, but we've all been here before.

And to top it off, the f*@!king Cardinals are going back to the World Series...

Old 10-18-2011, 10:53 PM

2,176 posts, read 862,447 times
I really enjoy watching the bengals. Except its kinda sad to see games where 1/2 the stadium is filled. Is pbs starting to fill up again or what?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
I really enjoy watching the bengals. Except its kinda sad to see games where 1/2 the stadium is filled. Is pbs starting to fill up again or what?
The game on Sunday was the biggest crowd of the year by far, by about 12,000 fans more than the first two games. My friend and I had planned on getting scalper tickets, but none of their prices were going down even at 1 p.m. We gave up on that idea and walked up to the ticket windows and the lines were jam-packed - at least a 30-minute wait even after the game had started. So we bailed and went to the Holy Grail.

The next game against Pittsburgh will easily sell out, and if the Bengals can keep this momentum going, I think the rest of the games would have a shot too. The Carson Palmer trade was a huge weight lifted off this team and the Bengals won it in every way. The future definitely looks as bright as it has in a loooooong time.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:11 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
Carson was never the same after the broken leg in the playoff game. After that he had what in golf we call happy feet, the tendency to dance around. He was a great asset to the team, but had become one of the problems. If he is successful with the Raiders we may regret the trade. But my money is on the fact Andy Dalton is a bonafied NFL QB, and the talent the Bengals will pick up with the draft picks bode very well for the future.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:34 PM

2,554 posts, read 5,834,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
The game on Sunday was the biggest crowd of the year by far, by about 12,000 fans more than the first two games. My friend and I had planned on getting scalper tickets, but none of their prices were going down even at 1 p.m. We gave up on that idea and walked up to the ticket windows and the lines were jam-packed - at least a 30-minute wait even after the game had started. So we bailed and went to the Holy Grail.

The next game against Pittsburgh will easily sell out, and if the Bengals can keep this momentum going, I think the rest of the games would have a shot too. The Carson Palmer trade was a huge weight lifted off this team and the Bengals won it in every way. The future definitely looks as bright as it has in a loooooong time.
Aren't there a lot of Steeler fans in Cincinnati? There is a ton in Cleveland, and the ones in the Columbus area are mostly transplants from the Pittsburgh area.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Carson was never the same after the broken leg in the playoff game. After that he had what in golf we call happy feet, the tendency to dance around. He was a great asset to the team, but had become one of the problems. If he is successful with the Raiders we may regret the trade. But my money is on the fact Andy Dalton is a bonafied NFL QB, and the talent the Bengals will pick up with the draft picks bode very well for the future.
Yes, Carson was never the same after that tackle; I remember seeing that and wincing. He was overrated after that in my opinion, and never got the praise he did before the incident.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:00 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,999,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Yes, Carson was never the same after that tackle; I remember seeing that and wincing.
That was a huge kick in the b*lls to fans everywhere. First time the Bengals make the playoffs in 15 years and he's out on the first play of the game with a torn ACL. My father and I yelled a few choice words at our TV set as we watched that happen.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Aren't there a lot of Steeler fans in Cincinnati? There is a ton in Cleveland, and the ones in the Columbus area are mostly transplants from the Pittsburgh area.
They're like cockroaches - they're everywhere. I have no doubt that Neil Armstrong saw a Steelers fan when he stepped out of the lunar module. When I lived out west, almost all of the Steelers fans I met had no connection to Pittsburgh or Pennsylvania. Most had never been there. And, of course, none of them liked the Pirates or Penguins.

Honestly, they are the most unoriginal fan base in sports. They win a game, it multiplies tenfold.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
They're like cockroaches - they're everywhere. I have no doubt that Neil Armstrong saw a Steelers fan when he stepped out of the lunar module. When I lived out west, almost all of the Steelers fans I met had no connection to Pittsburgh or Pennsylvania. Most had never been there. And, of course, none of them liked the Pirates or Penguins.

Honestly, they are the most unoriginal fan base in sports. They win a game, it multiplies tenfold.
Oh I can agree with that. I have lived all over the East Coast, and out in Portland, Oregon. Portland really isn't a football city at all, but I did live in Pittsburgh for a year in college. If they win, the city goes crazy, if they lose a few, they are done with them and they all fill with negative attitudes towards the Steelers. You should watch channel 11 news WPXI in Pittsburgh. They start the first 5 minutes talking about the Steelers, and the last 15 minutes talking about the Steelers in their extended sports. They might, just maybe, talk about the Pirates trade deal now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati