U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:13 AM

350 posts, read 720,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Homer Bailey pitched a complete game shutout?

Next thing you know, the Browns will win the Super Bowl!
LOL! Browns should be much better this year but the only AFC North team able to go that far will be the Bengals.

Yes, Homer pitched a complete game, 4-hit shutout the day after Cueto piched a complete-game shutout. Neither pitcher walked a batter.

Last time two Reds pitched back-to-back CG shutouts was 1989: Tom Browning and Jose Rijo, and we saw what they did to the League in 1990.

This is a HUGE series against the Cards this weekend!! People, come out and support the Reds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 11:52 AM

279 posts, read 578,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Homer Bailey pitched a complete game shutout?

Next thing you know, the Browns will win the Super Bowl!
And you had already made the call for him to be shipped south! Blasphemy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Rider View Post
LOL! Browns should be much better this year but the only AFC North team able to go that far will be the Bengals.

Yes, Homer pitched a complete game, 4-hit shutout the day after Cueto piched a complete-game shutout. Neither pitcher walked a batter.

Last time two Reds pitched back-to-back CG shutouts was 1989: Tom Browning and Jose Rijo, and we saw what they did to the League in 1990.

This is a HUGE series against the Cards this weekend!! People, come out and support the Reds!
Already got tickets to both the Friday and Sunday game. Should be a wild and packed weekend down there considering it's the Cards and Civil Rights weekend. As you said, they are playing some crazy good baseball right now. Yeah yeah, it was the Pirates...still, look at the last start of every pitcher in the rotation...pretty scary if that can be duplicated by each one. Harang tomorrow, coming off a wicked start! I can't wait! And the bats are hot as fire.

Doesn't get much better than this...one game out of first place, and hosting that leader for the weekend. Time to step up to the plate and make it happen!

Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 PM

31,401 posts, read 57,662,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post
And you had already made the call for him to be shipped south! Blasphemy!
Yeah, but ... The past couple years when the Reds have played in Philadelphia, I have been stuck watching Homer Bailey pitch ... miserably. Maybe the Phanatic scares him.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 AM

279 posts, read 578,318 times
Haha. Eh I've still been patient with him. He's got good stuff. It is taking him time to come around but I want to see him do so well. Meanwhile you've got guys like Leake who can come outta college, never pitch in the minors, and be outstanding. Can he make it into a whole season though, thats my question. I hope so! Go Reds...can't wait for the game tonight.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:41 PM

2,786 posts, read 5,525,128 times
How about them Reds?

Old 08-07-2010, 05:32 PM

Bengals play the Cowboys tommorow night in Canton to start the NFL pre season.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:22 PM

620 posts, read 996,123 times
I'm suprised no one has mentioned the Reds brawl yet. Classic. Brandon Phillips needs to stop talking **** though.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:05 PM

How do you think the Bengals will do this year, especially with T.O in the picture?

Old 08-13-2010, 07:24 AM

31,401 posts, read 57,662,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austiNati View Post
Brandon Phillips needs to stop talking **** though.
He can talk all the trash he wants as long as he backs it up at the plate.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable TO/Ochocinco meltdown. That could almost make me a Bengals fan. Go Browns!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 PM

620 posts, read 996,123 times
The key to Chad and T.O. being successful rests solely on Carsons hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati