U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-16-2010, 12:37 PM

619 posts, read 811,542 times
OchoOwens will most likely be a great duo. Being that the d-backs on the other team will always have to worry about 2 great receivers. This should open up the run game a lot and give benson and scott the chance to get a lot of yardage.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 01:57 PM

2,717 posts, read 3,095,664 times
What's the baseball vibe like in Cincy after the Cards/Reds series debacle? I'm a lifelong Reds fan (Bengals fan too) in Nashville. We get the games almost every night but it seems to be hard to gauge what fans think the Reds' chances are. Obviously, it helps that we reclaimed first and have a allegedly easy schedule going down the stretch.

Heading up there to see the 9/16 businessman's special game. Looking forward to it, as always.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:25 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,180,780 times
Went to the Eagles/Bengals game last night. I watched my Eagles loose 22-9. I was pretty embarrased lol, but it is only pre season. The Bengals were looking good!

Old 08-23-2010, 01:31 AM

90 posts, read 77,889 times
I love the way the Cincinnati Bengals look this season. Terrel Owens looks and acts much more maturely than the media portrayed him in the past. I know he went through some tough times in 2006, so maybe that sobered him up a little. Ochocinco remains amazing, but if Carson Palmer is injured (or remains skittish this season) neither Batman nor Robin will have a competent quarterback. O'Sullivan and Little Palmer are awful. The season schedule looks way too tough, so I'm hoping that we make the playoffs and then we can look to the big prize from there. If we do make it, no one this season deserved it more.

I don't follow baseball at all, but I love that the Reds look good this season. It feels kind of like moving into a city whose sports teams are beginning to coalesce again. Hopefully with the Bengals and the Reds looking to do well the teams will draw in more budding talent and stop looking like Also-Rans.

On a final note, I really want the Bearcats to do well again. Polls place them everywhere from #8 to #26 from what I've seen. The biggest question mark seems to be Butch Jones, as our quarterback looks fantastic when you see his stats. Inviting the Sooners to play basically puts one loss on our calendar already. :-p I would love to see the Bearcats continue becoming a more legitimate football program. And for the love of all things holy, please expand the stadium so that it's not the smallest in the Big East! A simply wrap around of the top level could add 15,000 seats and bring the total to 50,000, which would bring in money and help legitimize the program more. You could even get by with leaving in the view of some of the buildings, as they really add to the beauty of Nippert Stadium.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 PM

Great article about the Reds and a little about the city from the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/23/sp...csey.html?_r=1

Old 08-25-2010, 11:32 AM

Question about GABP...does anyone have any input on where some shady seats are at GABP? Looking at going to a 12:35 game and don't want to roast out there. I was thinking along the third base line down low, like row X or higher would probably work. Anyone out there have some specific knowledge about seats that will be in the shade for an early start game?

Thanks!

Old 09-26-2010, 02:35 PM

24,176 posts, read 28,262,139 times
Argh ... Homer Bailey ...

Will the Reds ever win this damn pennant??

Old 09-26-2010, 06:31 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,180,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Great question....

On a brighter note, the Bengals won today, and the Bearcats played a great game against the sooners last night in Paul Brown Stadium.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:46 PM

5,559 posts, read 5,681,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Bailey pitched well today. The division is essentially ours, but I worry we won't win one postseason game, especially if we wind up having to play the Phillies in the NLDS.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:50 AM

24,176 posts, read 28,262,139 times
Bailey did straighten up after those two home runs. I'll grudgingly admit that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati