Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,466,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'm resurrecting this thread to once again express my dislike for Homer Bailey.

It's long past time to give up on him.
Can I add Drew Stubbs? That guy couldn't hit the ball if it was placed on a tee in front of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 05:24 AM

15 posts, read 27,675 times
Until the Reds (like the Bengals) spend some money,it will be hard for them to sustain solid teams year after year. Too bad.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:03 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,466,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCarlisle View Post
Until the Reds (like the Bengals) spend some money,it will be hard for them to sustain solid teams year after year. Too bad.
What planet are you on? The Reds, just in the last two weeks, have committed nearly $300 million in long-term contracts and have locked up one of the five best players in the game (Joey Votto) for the duration of his career.

I'll repeat: In the past two weeks, the Reds have committed $300,000,000 on two players. Yea, clearly they don't spend any money.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:52 PM

688 posts, read 1,116,657 times
Reds are almost certainly playoff bound. UC basketball is on the upswing. And Moeller HS football is tops in the city this year. What's not to like?

Old 09-22-2012, 05:25 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,377,094 times
Congrats to the Cincinnati Reds the 2012 NL Central Division Champs.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23145tp View Post
The official club house t-shirt is not bad this year though I think I prefer the Nike one with the bats. Decisions, decisions.

T-Shirts - MLB.com Shop

Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 AM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23145tp View Post
We were there last night. I can't remember a time when the fans were so into the game. They even kept a wave going for 15 minutes.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:10 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
We were there last night. I can't remember a time when the fans were so into the game. They even kept a wave going for 15 minutes.
Let's hope this team has the backbone to actually do something in the playoffs. It is much harder than appears on the surface.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:41 AM

109 posts, read 166,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
You should have been there Friday. It was as if the fans didn't even have a clue a possible division-clinching game was going on in front of them. I went with a buddy of mine who is a huge Reds fan and he couldn't believe the place was only 75% full. And then there were the legions of fans that headed for the doors as soon as the Dodgers scored in the tenth. After the game he called Cincinnati "the biggest bandwagon sports town in the nation."
It's puzzling to me why fans have to be prompted when to cheer/stand up by the ballpark scoreboard.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVandalay84 View Post
You should have been there Friday. It was as if the fans didn't even have a clue a possible division-clinching game was going on in front of them. I went with a buddy of mine who is a huge Reds fan and he couldn't believe the place was only 75% full. And then there were the legions of fans that headed for the doors as soon as the Dodgers scored in the tenth. After the game he called Cincinnati "the biggest bandwagon sports town in the nation."
It's puzzling to me why fans have to be prompted when to cheer/stand up by the ballpark scoreboard.
For being at times the best team in baseball this season (winning %) I have been embarassed by the relatively low attendance figures at GABP. Many reports show attendance to be up sequentially but the Reds are no where near the level of their biggest rival the St. Louis Cardinals who can sell out a game against the lowly Astros on a Tuesday night in the rain. I can't figure out why more Cincinnatians don't attend Reds games. As the article posted below cites many of the excuses have been removed by current ownership.

Feature Articles I That's the Ticket I Cincinnati Magazine

I couldn't find it -- and it would be great if someone could and post the link here -- but if memory serves me correctly Paul Daugherty penned an article about Reds attendance last year or the year before. In it he parodied a characature of the Cincinnati family after a particularly poor attendance to a big series listing among the myriad excuses high school football, a school night, weather and even soccer practice. Now it seems this year Daugherty has changed his tune recently writing that Reds attendance is up this year and now ranks 9th in the league. That's not quite St. Louis territory but for the second smallest market in baseball it's a respectable position in my book.

The Morning Line, 9/12 | Paul Daugherty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati