U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 11:18 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,846,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I realize that the above is a pessimistic view of the Banks project, but I honestly do not see why anyone would want to live, work, shop or play there.
Let's just wait until a tenant is at least named! lol If you still don't enjoy the Banks, I'm sure you'll be in the minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
And as far as residents are concerned, who are the hundreds of people who would want to spend a million or so dollars to live between two sports stadiums with public access for their amenities? Adams Landing was started what 15 years ago and they still have plenty of units for sale under a million dollars.
Let's just pretend for a second that the East End and Downtown were in the same neighborhood and that the Banks is comparable to Adams Landing ... lol...

Do you honestly think that the East End struggled pre-recession? I can pull MLS data for you if you'd like and compare it to any neighborhood you like, if you are really interested.

What neighborhood do you live in, I'll be more than happy to compare the two?

Old 01-30-2009, 05:43 AM

10,139 posts, read 22,424,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
There are millions of people involved with modern day slavery today ... and many of the slaves come across our borders for work or for are sold into sexual slavery. The Freedom Center is involved first-hand in fighting modern day slavery.

Do you honestly not support an institution like this?
Yes, I honestly do not support this. I find it counter productive to have busloads of children visiting the slave pen (the only physical exhibit) without the context of seeing that other poor in the time period lived in similar conditions. And, where is the part about how white Americans more than any other nation fought and died to end slavery? And, where is the part about the role of African tribal leaders in the slave trade? Missed that did they? I was offended by the place. I imagine that's why not many with free will (as compared to school children) go there.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Let's just pretend for a second that the East End and Downtown were in the same neighborhood and that the Banks is comparable to Adams Landing ... lol...

Do you honestly think that the East End struggled pre-recession? I can pull MLS data for you if you'd like and compare it to any neighborhood you like, if you are really interested.

What neighborhood do you live in, I'll be more than happy to compare the two?

I don't really get your analogy. As you know, I work in OTR and own additional property there. I live in Mt Lookout but will probably move to OTR for downsizing. Do you think Eastern Ave. and Adams Landing were easy to sell? Is that the point?

Old 01-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Yes, I honestly do not support this. I find it counter productive to have busloads of children visiting the slave pen (the only physical exhibit) without the context of seeing that other poor in the time period lived in similar conditions. And, where is the part about how white Americans more than any other nation fought and died to end slavery? And, where is the part about the role of African tribal leaders in the slave trade? Missed that did they? I was offended by the place. I imagine that's why not many with free will (as compared to school children) go there.
We're getting way off topic here ... way off, but I'll say this. There are women sold into slavery that come to the states (specifically San Diego) for sexual toys. Thank God for an institution that brings this to light. The thing you're caught up on is the only thing your eyes can physically see and that's the yellow buses. Go inside one time and then get back to me.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I don't really get your analogy. As you know, I work in OTR and own additional property there. I live in Mt Lookout but will probably move to OTR for downsizing. Do you think Eastern Ave. and Adams Landing were easy to sell? Is that the point?
I think I've seen your truck. Do you do a lot of off-roading?

Old 01-30-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
We're getting way off topic here ... way off, but I'll say this. There are women sold into slavery that come to the states (specifically San Diego) for sexual toys. Thank God for an institution that brings this to light. The thing you're caught up on is the only thing your eyes can physically see and that's the yellow buses. Go inside one time and then get back to me.

I hope everyone is against slavery, old or new. But the central focus of the Freedom Center is not about Freedom. It is grievance politics of the worst kind. I've spent hours in the Freedom Center on at least 4 occasions (probably a lot more time than most people have) and I can guaranty you that 9 out of 10 kids who make the visit will remember only one thing from their trip: the Slave Pen.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I hope everyone is against slavery, old or new. But the central focus of the Freedom Center is not about Freedom. It is grievance politics of the worst kind. I've spent hours in the Freedom Center and I can guaranty you that 9 out of 10 kids will remember only one thing from their trip: the Slave Pen.
Possibly, but maybe not. If just one kid is shown what happens today and remembers it ... the whole damn building is worth it.

Quick google search, second result down: Concerned Women for America - The Sex Fields of San Diego

This is real and we need an institution to show people that it is.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I think I've seen your truck. Do you do a lot of off-roading?
Send me a DM about this.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:57 PM

2,554 posts, read 5,838,730 times
OK, back on topic here.

In the last rendering, is that highrise in phase one the hotel? Its close to Washington Way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati