U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:26 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,588,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
No problem at all, but you failed to answer my question ... what did you hope to accomplish by critiquing the video on CD?

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say....I wasn't hoping for anything to be accomplished by critiquing the video.

I was simply EXPRESSING MY OPINION ABOUT IT.

That's part of what people do in message boards such as these.....they give their opinions. So unless you have a problem with that, I will ask you a similar question: Was there something you were hoping to accomplish by responding to my post? Or were you merely interested in picking an argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 11:31 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,858,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
I will ask you a similar question: Was there something you were hoping to accomplish by responding to my post?
You could have worded that a little differently and you would find your answer ... how about; "Was there something you were hoping to accomplish by asking me that question?" Yes, an answer.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
You could have worded that a little differently and you would find your answer ... how about; "Was there something you were hoping to accomplish by asking me that question?" Yes, an answer.
Da--....er, dang it (I'm trying to watch my cussing)....I could say the same thing right back to you, Cincy-Rise. You know what? I don't have the time nor interest in arguing semantics with you. I gave you my answer, and if you can't see that then you're obviously trying to pick an argument with me.

My comment about the video stands. I have the right to post my opinion in here, and if you don't like, then I'm sorry but that's too bad. Deal with it. Do me a favor.....leave me alone from now on. Put me on your Ignore List, okay? Can you do that for me? Because I'm really getting fed up with butting heads with you all the time.

Last edited by aquila; 09-29-2008 at 02:33 PM..

Old 09-29-2008, 02:36 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the economy was in the toilet right as they were starting to build Carew Tower? And now the economy is taking a serious dive again, and they are starting to build Cincinnati's new tallest. Weird coincidence? Anyone think they'll scale back the QCS2 project or change some of the elements like they did with Carew?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Da--....er, dang it (I'm trying to watch my cussing)....I could say the same thing right back to you, Cincy-Rise. You know what? I don't have the time nor interest in arguing semantics with you. I gave you my answer, and if you can't see that then you're obviously trying to pick an argument with me.

My comment about the video stands. I have the right to post my opinion in here, and if you don't like, then I'm sorry but that's too bad. Deal with it. Do me a favor.....leave me alone from now on. Put me on your Ignore List, okay? Can you do that for me? Because I'm really getting fed up with butting heads with you all the time.
Geez man ... just chill out. There's no need to get bent out of shape on an internet discussion board.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that the economy was in the toilet right as they were starting to build Carew Tower? And now the economy is taking a serious dive again, and they are starting to build Cincinnati's new tallest. Weird coincidence? Anyone think they'll scale back the QCS2 project or change some of the elements like they did with Carew?
Considering that there is already a tenant and the majority of the building is leased, no.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:53 PM

149 posts, read 386,832 times
You all think the streetcar system will work out??

Old 09-30-2008, 07:49 AM

710 posts, read 2,655,616 times
I hope so, all the data and studies and comperable other cities have shown it will work, it would be a tremendous failure of leadership to not pull this one off

Old 09-30-2008, 10:04 AM

74 posts, read 248,434 times
[quote=Linda Pratt;5361815]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humlermw View Post
While it was his right, I think it's selfishness that was the issue. QUOTE]

I disagree. It was the developers who were selfish and tried to force these homeowners out against their will (that's when 3 of them took it to the Ohio Supreme Court and won). Horney, the last hold out, got $1.25 million for his house. Go Horney!

The fact that he got 1.25 million for a property that looked like it was at most worth 250,000 shows he was more interested in money than in the good of his neighborhood. Do not get me wrong, I still do not know how I feel about eminent domain, and in this case I would normally side with the man over the corporation, but his refusal to sell cost norwood valuable tax revenue. I do believe eminent domain should only be used for the public good, but I'm still unsure as to what that entails in this case. I love the respectful disagreement though, it helps me think this through.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:42 AM

149 posts, read 386,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
I hope so, all the data and studies and comperable other cities have shown it will work, it would be a tremendous failure of leadership to not pull this one off
I agree and don't want another subway systems of the 20's to happen. Do they know what the final route will be yet? This thing could add billions and transform OTR into a gorgeous neighborhood or at least the few blocks around the system for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati