U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,824 times

Advertisements

I'm a recent college graduate and now have a decent job offer, but the job is located downtown.

Between the cost of gas and parking downtown the difference between living in the burbs and driving to work and living downtown could be substantial. Therefore, I'm considering living downtown but have yet to find much I'm excited about. I did like the look of city west til I found out that it was an urban renewal project. Pretty much every other place that looks good seems to have awful reviews from residents.

So, to give a roundabout to my question. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to live downtown that are totally worth the money OR some place in the suburbs that is worth the travel costs and time in traffic (aka some place that renters arent totally scared to live in with horrible management that rips them off?)

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 01:47 PM

31,165 posts, read 57,288,199 times
Are you saying you're not an urban pioneer and it's either downtown or the burbs? I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're asking or what you want, other than "urban renewal projects" are out. Although much of the downtown residential construction is "urban renewal" too.

There are plenty of city neighborhoods you might find interesting that are a short bus hop to downtown: Mt. Adams, Eden Park, Northside, Hyde Park, Oakley, Clifton, East Walnut Hills ...

Old 08-13-2008, 01:53 PM

455 posts, read 1,668,658 times
Do not live at 4th & Plum. I recommended it in other threads before, but the new management team is horrid and the place will try to rip you off when you leave. I suggest checking out the reviews on apartmentratings.com The negative feedback there is dead on target.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:28 PM

710 posts, read 2,648,678 times
go downtown, it is a great place to live. If you work downtown, this is what you want

Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,843,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
Do not live at 4th & Plum. I recommended it in other threads before, but the new management team is horrid and the place will try to rip you off when you leave. I suggest checking out the reviews on apartmentratings.com The negative feedback there is dead on target.
So, Jamie isn't managing this anymore?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 AM

455 posts, read 1,668,658 times
Nope... completely new management team in place since the beginning of 2007 and it's a shame. We loved living there up until they took over. We left to buy a house and needed to end the lease early with a couple months extra payment (per our lease terms)... and after we moved out, they sent threatening letters telling us we owed upwards of $5000.00 and that we would be sent into collections in 30 days. Fortunately, we had it in writing via email exchange (which they must have forgotten about) and after them ignoring our frantic phone and email messages we had a friend who's husband is an RE attorney send them a letter. They backed off immediately.

We found out later, through an inter-office bulletin board at the "enormous company" my wife works for, that several other people who had relocated to Cincinnati for work were having the same problem trying to leave 4th and plum.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:38 AM

15 posts, read 30,052 times
check out the apartments on 6th and Race, or the Gramercy on Garfield. Both good locations down there and nice apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or