U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 08:13 PM

21 posts, read 77,632 times

Advertisements

Discussion:
After a snowy Monday, Tuesday looks to be mainly dry!
Highs will struggle to make it into the middle/upper 30s, with
lows dropping off into the 20s for tonight! Watch out for icy
spots while traveling this morning, as temps will be well
below freezing.

5-Day Outlook: www.cincyforecast.com/forecast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 10:54 PM

After a somewhat dreary weekend, the sun is back in full force for Monday! An area of high pressure will be sliding across the tri-state, allowing for mostly sunny skies and cooler temperatures! The break from the rain, however, will be very short-lived. By Tuesday morning, an area of low pressure will begin its trek northward, right towards the Ohio Valley. As it does so, slightly milder air will pump north out ahead of the low. One little “iffy” factor with the storm system is the speed at which the warm air arrives in relation to the precipitation. If the cold air recedes slower, then we could be looking at a wintry mix during the morning hours of Tuesday. However, if the cold air recedes faster, the threat of any mixing would be greatly reduced. At this point in time, I am going to take the middle ground and toss a bit of a mixed bag into the forecast for a very breif time on Tuesday morning. I really don’t think it will be enough to cause any major or widespread problems, but any ice (as we all know) can still create some isolated slick spots out there! By midday Tuesday, the temperatures will have warmed up enough to support all rain, with some isolated heavy pockets possible. The heaviest rain looks to stay to our south and east, however, as the low will be tracking to our east, placing Cincy in the somewhat “drier” part of the storm. With that being said, still expect a good quarter to half of an inch of rain out of this event. As colder air begins crashing back into the tri-state on Wednesday morning, expect whatever moisture that is leftover to begin changing to light snow showers/flurries with little in the way of accumuation (sorry snow lovers).

Old 01-20-2009, 02:57 PM

Well, we have struck a bit of a lull in the pattern across the Ohio Valley, with no storm systems of significance to worry about through the rest of the work week. That…my friends…is going to change. I have had my eyes stuck to the computer screen over the past few days, analyzing the prospects for a major winter storm(s) to affect the Ohio Valley for late this week through parts of next week. The models have been showing different solutions, which is very common this far in advance of the event. However, one thing has been consistent…major wintry weather affecting the Ohio Valley in some shape or form! I am probably the only forecaster in town talking about this potential storm(s), but I truly feel that it is worth mentioning to you! For fun…let’s take the latest main model run from today at face value: light snow for the end of this upcoming weekend, followed by several shots of moderate to heavy snow/ice for much of the Ohio Valley through the rest of next week! Now, as a forecaster, I know not to take a model’s output verbatim this early in the game. However, with the way the pattern is setting up, I am growing more and more confident that someone in the Ohio Valley will receive a large amount of snow/ice! PLEASE check back throughout the rest of the week to keep yourself updated on what could be a major Ohio Valley mess…

Old 01-21-2009, 06:43 PM

Brrr! The chill was still on for Wednesday! However, you “warm weather fans” will like the forecast for the next couple days! As an area of high pressure continues to slide to our east/southeast on Thursday, a nice southwesterly flow will set up, resulting in a surge of much warmer temps! The clear skies will give-way to clouds and rain showers for your Friday. However, the rain will not be all that heavy. By Friday night, temps will begin falling rapidly behind the cold front! The upcoming weekend looks cold with highs in the middle 20s, along with flurry chances…

For next week, I am watching a very interesting setup which may lead to multiple winter storm systems, one (or all) of which may result in accumulating snowfall/ice! Folks, if this pans out as some of the models are showing, we may be having some problems by early next week…

Old 01-22-2009, 08:41 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,484,039 times
Cincy weather sucks. Looking forward to another weekend cooped up in the house because it wont be above freezing. Cant wait to go to the beach, haha.

G Man

Old 01-22-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
Cincy weather sucks. Looking forward to another weekend cooped up in the house because it wont be above freezing. Cant wait to go to the beach, haha.

G Man
I hear ya...I like snow, but this "dry cold" is not fun...not at all...

Old 01-22-2009, 06:25 PM

Ah…how nice did the temps feel on Thursday!?!? Well, you “warm weather junkies” get ONE MORE DAY of enjoyment, before the temps fall…and fall rapidly! By late Saturday, we will be in the ballpark of 20-40 degrees colder than Friday’s high! A few showers are possible on Friday, but they will be few and far between. The upcoming weekend looks cold…but mostly dry (isolated flurries)…

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or