U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 PM

21 posts, read 77,641 times

Advertisements

Hey folks!

I have made a thread where I, a fellow Cincinnati resident, will help keep you informed about the latest weather in our area! I am very passionate about weather, and look forward to sharing my forecasts with you guys!
As we all know, Cincy's weather can be pretty strange and change pretty drastically!

My latest 8-Day Outlook:

Discussion:
Wow! How nice has this weather been? Highs in the upper 70s/lower 80s and lows in the 50s/lower 60s! Not something one usually associates with August in the Ohio Valley! Tomorrow through Sunday will continue the streak of comfortable temperatures, with highs in the lower 80s and lows in the upper 50s. The only fly in the ointment is the slight chance of a shower or thunderstorm tomorrow. It will not be widespread, so cancelling plans is not needed. If you do receive a shower or storm, expect it to be short lived. After this weekend, a cut-off low will meander across the midwest. This low pressure system will cause a daily threat for showers and thunderstorms. I will keep y'all updated!

-Trevor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 12:00 AM

Hey Folks!

Here is my latest 8-Day Outlook:

After a decent Thursday, the Friday-Tuesday time-frame looks great! There is a slight chance for a shower/thunderstorm today (30% coverage), but that won't be too big of a deal. Just remember that if you do receive a shower or storm, the possibility exists for a heavy downpour. Saturday-Tuesday looks excellent! High pressure will settle in, allowing seasonably cool temperatures and mostly sunny skies to be the norm across the area. Wednesday's chance of rain will be due to a cut-off low pressure system. Cut-off low pressure systems tend to hang around, not moving rapidly at all. Next week's low pressure system looks to stay far enough to our west to cause any major problems here! The sun will return for next Thursday and Friday! Highs next week will be warmer, but more along the lines of what Cincy usually sees during August.

Have a great day!

-Trevor

Old 08-15-2008, 12:23 AM

For anyone heading down to Great American Ballpark to watch the Reds take on the Cardinals, here is my redsCAST!

Old 08-18-2008, 02:43 PM

116 posts, read 194,663 times
If you don't like Cincinnati weather....wait a few hours

Old 08-19-2008, 02:47 PM

Yup...very true!

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last few days. I am working on a new update as I type this!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:24 PM

Hey Folks!

The rest of the work-week is looking fairly decent, with partly cloudy skies and temps in the middle to upper 80s. The first part of the weekend it looking pretty nice as well! Highs on Saturday look to be around 90 degrees. Rain is back in the forecast by Sunday, when a cold front will move across the area. I have placed a 50% chance of rain on Sunday, but that percentage will likely increase in the days to come. The rain threat continues into Monday. Tuesday looks to be very nice with partly cloudy skies and highs in the lower 80s! Wednesday looks tricky as we may be seeing some of the moisture from what is leftover from Fay. The track of Fay's moisture will be a big impact on the amount of rain we receive.

-Trevor

Old 08-20-2008, 08:18 PM

Old 08-21-2008, 07:57 PM

Hey Folks!
After a hot day today, a few thunderstorms managed to pop over southeastern Indiana. The rest of us received mostly sunny skies and highs around 90 degrees. Expect much of the same tomorrow, with a few areas receiving an isolated shower or storm. The weekend is looking warm with highs around 90 degrees and a daily chance for a shower or storm. The best threat for rain will occur on Sunday with the passage of a cold front. Other than a few showers and storms early in the day on Monday, expect the sun to peek back out and temps to be lower....in the lower 80s! The nice temps don't last long as we will be back in the middle to upper 80s from Tuesday through Friday, with a daily threat for showers and thunderstorms. Whether the remanants of Fay impact our weather is yet to be seen, the possibility is there...

TGIF! :-)

-Trevor Cole

Old 11-30-2008, 02:30 PM

Hey everyone!

I feel terrible for the lack of updates over the last couple months! I have had a very busy schedule, which has kept me from making as many posts! I have much more time now, and will be able to post my latest thoughts much more often!

I will have a new update out by tonight!

-Trevor

Old 11-30-2008, 08:54 PM

Discussion:
What a wild weekend in the world of weather! A deep area
of low pressure passed to our northwest, placing us on the
warm/rainy side of the storm on Sunday. That same storm is
churning to our north, heading for Canada. As we head
through the day today, expect that area of low pressure to
continue to make its presence felt across the area. A bit of a
breeze out of the northwest, combined with leftover moisture
from the storm system, will help to develop snow showers
and flurries throughout the day today. In general, the snow
will be light, but in some pockets, the flakes may come down
at a good clip, allowing for a bit of accumulation, mainly on
grassy surfaces. Not all areas will receive much in the way
of accumulation. In general, expect amounts to stay around
an inch or less area-wide. Areas to the north of Cincy run
the risk of receiving over an inch of snow. By tonight, the
snow showers will begin to wind down. Highs for today
won't make it out of the 30s, with lows dropping into the 20s
by tonight! Bundle up and allow for some extra time when
traveling today/tonight!

10-Day Outlook (http://www.cincyforecast.com/forecast.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or