U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:54 AM

2,204 posts, read 5,851,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider127 View Post
Perhaps you would like to elaborate on what you consider to be character.
Sure!

... now, would someone please post areas of Florence that do! I honestly want to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 01:41 PM

710 posts, read 2,652,682 times
^excellent pictures, cincinnati is such an amazing city

Old 08-23-2008, 07:55 PM

295 posts, read 814,678 times
I think you missed what I really wanted to know.

You seem to feel the need to put down any other place that is not Cincinnati, specifically Downtown Cincinnati.

Don't get me wrong, a person should love and brag on where they live. But you seem to think that in order to make your community look good, you must put others down. You don't have to do that.

Oh and I liked the pics, Cincinnati can be a beautiful city, especially when you are dead dog tired from a trip and it's dark and you come around that curve on 75 and see her gleaming like a jewel.

But please, stop putting down other neighborhoods. I could be wrong about the way I think. I can't see and hear you. All I can see is the posts you make on an internet site and some of them lead me to believe that you are not a person I would want to spend a lot of time around IRL.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 AM

710 posts, read 2,652,682 times
here is the thing I am seeing on this forum, people are putting down the city, but not posting pictures of these suburban communities they are claiming are really great

Old 08-24-2008, 12:10 AM

1,597 posts, read 1,584,068 times
Cincy-Rise, you're missing the whole point. In your initial response to the OP, you characterized Florence as having no character. So why do you think it has zero character? Simply because you prefer the architectural styles in Cincinnati? Big deal. That's YOUR opinion of what character is and it's the architecture YOU find attractive. But that is not the universal definition for character. People have different opinions. Just because YOU think Florence has zero-character, that doesn't mean others will feel the same way.

I really must say, it sounds as though you don't think anything outside Cincinnati amounts to anything. But I might remind you, yet again, that this is City-Data.com......it's not Cincinnati-data.com, and certainly not urbanohio.com. This site is for ALL cities, not just Cincinnati.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
here is the thing I am seeing on this forum, people are putting down the city, but not posting pictures of these suburban communities they are claiming are really great
I most certainly am not putting Cincinnati down. There is a lot of good things about Cincinnati. But there is also a lot of good things about communities that are not inside the Cincinnati city limits.

My point is, you don't have to put other communities down in order to make yours look good. If you have to do that, maybe you ought to be looking for a new place to live.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:48 AM

2,204 posts, read 5,851,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider127 View Post
You seem to feel the need to put down any other place that is not Cincinnati, specifically Downtown Cincinnati.

Do you realize how many neighborhoods I posted above?

Other areas that I have praised for having character on this board are Mariemont and Covington.

By stating a city doesn't have character, I am not putting it down, just stating a personal observation.

I went through the time of posting pictures and examples, aquila ... like jlrosen has brought up you continue to quiz me while dodging my question. Can you please inform us where you are referring to in Florence. This is however the original debate, right?

Old 08-24-2008, 01:40 PM

Cincy-Rise, how can I put this? I am trying to make a point. The point is, for the most part, you just can't seem to think that there is a lot of good about a lot of neighborhoods. And it's not just Florence either. The only reason I popped into this post and said what I did was this was the post where I finally said to myself "Enough, I have to say something".

Please stop putting other communities down. It plain don't look good.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:57 PM

1,597 posts, read 1,584,068 times
Look, Cincy-Rise, I've stated my point in this thread. I don't know how else to state it clearly. The OP made no particular inquiry about the architectural styles in Florence, but you for some reason felt it was necessary to mention them. It's great that you're an architectural buff.....I can be one myself, and the pictures you posted are fantastic examples of fine architecture. But all I'm stating is this: what you photographically display as character is your personal opinion, but that doesn't mean it's the universally held ideal of what defines architectural character. So it really isn't fair to outright state that Florence has "zero character". Character doesn't always refer to architectural styles anyway. "Character" can simply be a unique attribute that people find charming, and I'm sure that exists in Florence, as well as West Chester, Mason, Oxford, Lebanon, Independence, Alexandria, Amelia, etc....

I'll say it again....this is city-data.com, and Florence is a city. No doubt it has character to the people who live there. I just hope you would respect that, and not belittle them for having bad taste because they don't subscribe to your definition of "character".

Last edited by aquila; 08-25-2008 at 01:18 AM..

Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 AM

147 posts, read 336,208 times
cincy -rise probably just works there so is never there after dark thank god! what character rich neighborhood do you reside in???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati