U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 03:31 PM

4 posts, read 6,484 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone else besides me is tired of getting dents and scratches from Cincinnati area parking lots. But my question is: What would be the solution to preventing this from happening? Anyone have any ideas? Well, I have an idea on this matter and would welcome anyone else to share their ideas.

Actually, my idea came from the parking lot of the Showcase Cinemas Springdale 18: Cinema De Lux in Springdale, OH. For anyone who's ever been there, have you noticed that all their parking spaces are seperated by rectangular yellow-outlined blocks on both sides of each parking space which are about 18 inches wide or so? And these rectangular blocks provide plenty of space between each car. However, what I would like to know is: Why aren't other parking lots like this...and how could one go about trying to get other businesses to start having this extra space between cars in their parking lots? Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I've noticed that the new Evendale Super Wal-Mart on Cunningham Dr(off of Reading Rd) has extra wide parking spaces, even though they don't have rectangular yellow-outlined blocks on both sides of each parking space. However, their parking lot still provides that extra breathing room between spaces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 06:46 AM

31,222 posts, read 57,353,566 times
Park far away from the door. You get more exercise that way, too.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:20 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
lol! ...

Old 08-23-2008, 03:58 AM

6,351 posts, read 18,893,343 times
CincyDave, I'm with ya! I guess parking lot owners would be reluctent to reduce the number of parking spaces so that extra space could be made for each current space. The simple answer would be for everyone to be careful as they enter/exit their vehicles, but that's unrealistic. Certainly the larger vehicles we have nowadays (SUVs, pickups. Even cars) are longer and wider than the parking spaces in older lots. I subscribe to the "park farther out" where there are fewer cars (usually) theory.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:38 PM

10 posts, read 58,819 times
I hate door dings!!!! My 2006 car has atleast 5 or 6.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 6,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
CincyDave, I'm with ya! I guess parking lot owners would be reluctent to reduce the number of parking spaces so that extra space could be made for each current space. The simple answer would be for everyone to be careful as they enter/exit their vehicles, but that's unrealistic. Certainly the larger vehicles we have nowadays (SUVs, pickups. Even cars) are longer and wider than the parking spaces in older lots. I subscribe to the "park farther out" where there are fewer cars (usually) theory.
I wanted to say thank you to the thoughtful posts in this thread. But, Crew Chief, I wanted to mention that the larger vehicles that you mentioned aren't necessarily the culprits for dents and scratches since a lot of those vehichles have doors that slide open rather than swing open. Also, during the few times when I have actually "caught" the culprits in the act so to speak, the vehichles used have always been regular sized vehichles.

Also, for those who are interested in this topic, I wanted to suggest calling the "800" customer service telephone numbers to places that you frequent and suggest to them about having wider parking spaces and to also give examples(like I did in this thread) of businesses or places that already do have wider parking spaces in their parking lots. ....Customer comments are very important to businesses.

Additionally, I wanted to share some information that I saw on the internet about a new technology for new automobiles called, um, "Self-healing paint"...

http://autos.aol.com/article/sedan/_a/new-car-features-are-cool/20080825110509990001

But I guess for corporations to even develop such a technology is a reflection of customer concern....which is at least one expression for a potential solution to an unwanted problem.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:53 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyDave View Post
I was wondering if anyone else besides me is tired of getting dents and scratches from Cincinnati area parking lots.
Best quote of the year! As if this is a Cincinnati problem! lol

Old 09-16-2008, 04:35 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,215,209 times
I really try to pick stops where they seems to be a lot of room or I just park out a little further. People are very rude who don't look out for the cars around them.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:13 AM

267 posts, read 593,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
yea a country mile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati